Torrant help

Just have a drink and chat
biferi
Cone that earned his stripes

Torrant help

Postby biferi » 15 Nov 2009 19:52

I download a lot of How to Videos as Torrant Files and need some help.

I know I can findout the Video Resolotion and Frame Rate and things like that.

But what if I Download say an AVi File and I don't wan't it to have any compresson is this posable and how.

And if I do Download a Video how can I findout how Mutch Compresson the person used on it befor I got it??
Thanks

OttifantSir
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Torrant help

Postby OttifantSir » 06 Dec 2009 23:44

AVI is by definition compressed. Or, to be more precise: The codecs available for use with the AVI-container is all compression-codecs. Off course, the person making the AVI-file can choose to set the quality bitrate so high as to inflate the size of the video, but that "doesn't happen". The whole point of video-containers and codecs is to get the size of the video down to a manageable size. "All" video and audio-codecs are the same. Even h.264/x264 or Theora or FLAC or Vorbis.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I read about BBC and their Dirac-codec, and let's say (example, not real numbers) half an hour of raw footage, uncompressed, took about 20 GB. With the codec, it was compressed, with minimal loss of quality, to about 500 MB.

So you see, you WANT compressed video, unless you're working professionally with video.

There is no way to find, that I know of, how much a file has been compressed, because when it's compressed, it's a new file with its own information. Unless the maker of the file has included comments with the video about the original.

Typical compression on video:
DVD (8.5 GB) -> AVI 700 MB
BD (50 GB) -> MKV 720p 4.7 GB
BD (50 GB) -> MKV 1080p 8.5 GB

Off course, there are all kinds of sizes out there, but these are rather typical, as they are the sizes of CDs, DVDs and DL-DVDs since BD isn't too common yet.

biferi

Re: Torrant help

Postby biferi » 08 Dec 2009 21:39

Well can someone help with this??

I tryed to use Limewire Frostwire Cazza and they make my screen all Blatchy.

Because the program I use to make the screen bigger is Zoom Text and I think anything that uses Java gets goffy with my Zoom Text.

I then tryed Cabos and it worked for geting hard to find Music and it worked with my Zoom Text without making the Screen Blatchy.

But I think a Lot of people are not on it because I did not find that many songs.

So I looked up the song on YouTube and I found it so I downloaded the music.

What I want to know is this wen I look at the praperties of the song it says
65.1 kbs 44.1 kHz 2. CH

Now I know that CD Audio is 16 Bit 44.1 kHz 2. CH so why is this say 65.1 kbps???

Is this the Compresson for the Audio and is this a lot or what am I not understanding?

Return to “Coffee Corner”