just a coffee

Just have a drink and chat
LR12
New Cone
New Cone

just a coffee

Postby LR12 » 09 Sep 2009 12:21

Hi! :D

As I'm new to this forum, and I have no idea where to post my question... so I decided to first have a coffee at the coffee corner with you.

I'm looking for a way to connect two Live VJ-Applications and stream a video from one to the other (via LAN). Low latency is a must! :wink: - If I do not compress the frames (768 x 576 x 25fps x 8bit/channel x 4 channels), I need 353,9 Mbit/s - which should be okay in a GB LAN!? - can I use libVLC to compress my raw data to save bandwidth - and how many time would I loose at least? Any experienced data? - Add which forum fits best? "Development around libVLC"?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: just a coffee

Postby CloudStalker » 20 Sep 2009 10:09

Hi! :D

As I'm new to this forum, and I have no idea where to post my question... so I decided to first have a coffee at the coffee corner with you.

I'm looking for a way to connect two Live VJ-Applications and stream a video from one to the other (via LAN). Low latency is a must! :wink: - If I do not compress the frames (768 x 576 x 25fps x 8bit/channel x 4 channels), I need 353,9 Mbit/s - which should be okay in a GB LAN!? - can I use libVLC to compress my raw data to save bandwidth - and how many time would I loose at least? Any experienced data? - Add which forum fits best? "Development around libVLC"?
Hmm, LR12 lost CloudStalker at the picture with the cake in a cup. Before and after that was a blur. :P

Return to “Coffee Corner”