VEOH

Just have a drink and chat
mghills
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VEOH

Postby mghills » 04 Jun 2008 10:17

Due to the classic example of the worst case of customer relations, VEOH.com has decided to ban 165 countries from accessing thier site, effectively isolating over 80% of thier community.
They did so unilaterally, without prior notice nor with any apology.
Below is an open letter I've been asked to pass on, and hope other services don't follow the lead VEOH has chosen to take.
To the Dark Forces of VEOH.
We have seen the lame excuses you have published to justify stabbing 82% of your customers in the back.
You did this without neither prior notice nor apology yet continued to accept our uploads so that your privileged 31 remaining countries are free to watch and download our contributions, whilst we are blocked to the extent that we cannot even be allowed to send you as much as an e-mail.
You have shown yourselves to be corporate cowards with absolutely NO respect for your clients, and suggest you replace the assinine genius(es) who came up with this idea and implemented it in such a callous fashion.
The passing of Stage6 was bad enough, but they did so in a civilised fashion, and in thier passing recommended YOU as a viable alternative.
If I get to a site where I can access VEOH, my first and last step will be to remove the videos I have downloaded, as some of your disgruntled, now defunct, community have done so already.
In the unlikely event of you apologising to us, as far as we are concerned VEOH is dead in the water and will remain so.
This has been compiled by users in 19 of the countries you have decided to ban + 8 users in Poland (not banned - yet) who have removed thier videos and have encouraged others to do so.

mghills
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VEOH

Postby mghills » 04 Jun 2008 15:10

I have just recieved this open letter:
I have been approached by VEOH to advertise on thier site.
My reply to them was that I do not deal with companies that betray thier subscribers, however small they may be, in order to "focus on the greater market".
As an American, I wish to extend my apologies to the "banned" and ask them not to judge the country of my birth and citizenship because of the assinine actions of the greedy few.
Both I, and my colleagues, have now withdrawn our accounts with the aforementioned company, in protest at thier breach of trust in this matter, and others are following suit.
Never in the history of the Internet has any company resorted to such low tactics, and deserve to be out of business.

Return to “Coffee Corner”