old school style mp3 ???

Just have a drink and chat
vikingoutkast
New Cone
New Cone

old school style mp3 ???

Postby vikingoutkast » 14 Jul 2023 06:12

im looking for a old school mp3 player type thing.. ok sorry im gen-x not to savvy with computers. i rember when i could go to a site download the music i wanted and blast it all day long. WTF happened? you need a degree to do this now? i got a new hp computer an it fights with me about google, i need some help direction or a long walk off a short peir??? i now use windows 10 on my laptop and android on my phone. if this isn't allowed here im sorry once again old-school this was my go to place back then. yea i kinda took like a 10 year hiatus so ya all new to me.

Moonbird
New Cone
New Cone

Re: old school style mp3 ???

Postby Moonbird » 23 Jul 2023 12:39

Do you think VLC is too complicated? It has many options, true, but when it comes to playing MP3, it's one click and go, isn't it?
Downloading MP3, well, that was always with legal troubles as you can imagine...
For free music only (free music only! underline that word!), I would suggest to download a Youtube video and throw it in Audacity, another program which can be used for music editing. That way you could make some little edits and save the file as OGG (because it's a free codec, or any other format of course) and build up your own little music collection again.

MystiqueWanderer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: old school style mp3 ???

Postby MystiqueWanderer » 08 Dec 2023 14:16

OMG! Your post reminds me of how I used Winamp and played my music on the computer after I came back from school. So, many sweet memories :)
Also, I found this Reddit discussion on this topic. You should check it out if you are looking for some old-school stuff.
Here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/nostalgia/comm ... ease_tell/

Return to “Coffee Corner”