Convert video to be played on Samsung TV

Just have a drink and chat
ReddaJoppe
New Cone
New Cone

Convert video to be played on Samsung TV

Postby ReddaJoppe » 12 Dec 2016 19:36

I have some videos on my pc that I want to play on my Samsung TV by copying them to a USB drive and connecting it to the TV. Some of the files are .m4v and some are .mkv. VLC media player can play all of them, but my TV, won't play any of them.
I assume that I need to convert to a different format, but I haven't found any settings that work yet.
How should I go about it?

Babac
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Convert video to be played on Samsung TV

Postby Babac » 14 Dec 2016 22:28

It's due to your USB format.Check your Samsung User's guide and reformat your key with the right format, i.e: fat 32, fat 16, etc...
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Nephele
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Nephele » 31 Mar 2017 11:10

First check your Samsung TV user manual to check whether the USB port can be used to play external media files, if it can play, then check what file formats you can play on it, also pay attention to other playback settings like video codec, resolution, frame rate, bit rate, audio codecs, sample rate, bit rate, channels, aspect ratio, etc of your Samsung TV, make sure to encode the M4V or MKV files that compatible with Samsung TV playback formats and settings.

Nephele
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Nephele » 10 Aug 2017 11:28

Samsung TV has strict requirements on the file format, container format, codec, resolution, frame rate and bit rate that's played on it, make sure that the files that you try to view on Samsung TV meet all those standards listed in the tablet of this page:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050186/
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00045927/

Return to “Coffee Corner”