Disappearing Desktop Icon/Shortcut

Just have a drink and chat
lostclegane
New Cone
New Cone

Disappearing Desktop Icon/Shortcut

Postby lostclegane » 09 Mar 2015 09:49

This might not be the right place to post this, but here goes: This isn't a huge issue, but my VLC desktop icon seems to be disappearing at random. I don't mean that it is there one second and the next it is not, but that sometimes when I turn on my laptop the shortcut to my media player is gone. It isn't any trouble to set up a new shortcut, the program hasn't magically uninstalled or anything like that but its getting to be really annoying. I just like my things in their proper place. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this, or what might be causing it for that matter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Everyone.

daaceking
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Disappearing Desktop Icon/Shortcut

Postby daaceking » 12 Mar 2015 15:30

that doesn't seem to be vlc itself. you should check your computer for system threats or maybe you have a cleaning software actively running

lostclegane
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Disappearing Desktop Icon/Shortcut

Postby lostclegane » 15 Mar 2015 02:33

Thank you for the advice daaceking, however, I have checked for both system threats, and made sure that any programs/software that could cause this (cleaning software, like you said) wasn't actively running. This actually starting to worry me. Still open to any suggestions for help, and am I am willing to try anything at this point.

Return to “Coffee Corner”