I want to learn but where to start

Just have a drink and chat
davince
New Cone
New Cone

I want to learn but where to start

Postby davince » 25 Jun 2005 17:36

Hi, everyone.
I'm a student who is still in senior high..
well...
i must confess that my mathematics isn't so good and i just begin to learn how to program.
now i'm learning python through reading the tutorial published by the python group.
I've been interested in multimedia since i was able to watch video and listen to audio on my computer.
Although next year i will be facing a major test which decides the college i will go to, and i won't be able to have a lot of free time in the next year, i still want to know the process of programming and multimedia stuff....i want to know what are the steps and the main concept toward programming and multimedia stuff...
the reason why i want to know is that i've been losing focus in learning programming, and i really want to know more about multimedia and hoping oneday can help out on vlc...
i tried to take c or C++ as my first programming language, but it didn't work out...i just feel it's too hard at that time..
so now i switch to python...because people say it more easy and it's close to OOP
and now comes the first problem of mine.
from all the books i've read, i just feel i can't program a gui program after i finished the books...
from all the books i just feel only learning the basic control specification of the language...
is it natural??

what are the right steps and the right thoughts on learning programming??
any references for me to read??

Another thing.

i always want to know what are the things that are needed or recommended in learning multimedia??

if i want to know things like how to process digital video data, how to rip video into good quality compressed mpeg4 files, or how to program a multimedia program, what are the things i must study or recommended studying??
and what are the steps on learning it???

i know i'm kind of strange...but i really want to know what are the things and what the steps are...

hoping you guys can give my a hand..

thanks alot...
:)

Re: I want to learn but where to start

Postby Guest » 20 May 2006 21:36

Hi, everyone.
well...
i must confess that my mathematics isn't so good and i just begin to learn how to program.
now i'm learning python through reading the tutorial published by the python group.
I've been interested in multimedia since i was able to watch video and listen to audio on my computer.
Although next year i will be facing a major test which decides the college i will go to, and i won't be able to have a lot of free time in the next year, i still want to know the process of programming and multimedia stuff....i want to know what are the steps and the main concept toward programming and multimedia stuff...
the reason why i want to know is that i've been losing focus in learning programming, and i really want to know more about multimedia and hoping oneday can help out on vlc...
i tried to take c or C++ as my first programming language, but it didn't work out...i just feel it's too hard at that time..
so now i switch to python...because people say it more easy and it's close to OOP
from all the books i've read, i just feel i can't program a gui program after i finished the books...
from all the books i just feel only learning the basic control specification of the language...
is it natural??

Another thing.

i always want to know what are the things that are needed or recommended in learning multimedia??

if i want to know things like how to process digital video data, how to rip video into good quality compressed mpeg4 files, or how to program a multimedia program, what are the things i must study or recommended studying??

i know i'm kind of strange...but i really want to know what are the things and what the steps are...

thanks alot...

Postby Guest » 20 May 2006 21:44

Hi, everyone.
well...
is it natural??

Another thing.

thanks alot...

simon
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby simon » 24 May 2006 22:16

is it natural??
Seems very natural to me, you are on your way :)
You might want to take a look at How to Learn wxPython to figure out how to make a gui (since vlc uses wxWidgets on most platforms).

Good luck

EDIT: WTF why did 'guest' bump a year old thread....

Return to “Coffee Corner”