VLC and its Alternatives

Just have a drink and chat
Cornflake
New Cone
New Cone

Re:

Postby Cornflake » 24 Feb 2008 06:56

"But its interface is horrible."

We are redoing it. Any idea on how to make it better ?

About some files not readable (against MPC) is that we use only OpenSource codec and our own codecs not the one from your pack.
Yes :) For starters, you can replace the toolbar icons (play, pause, volume icon, etc) with ones that don't look so "1995-ish". For example, you can use the built-in Windows icons for them, and that way if you're in XP it will use XP's native icons, and in Vista, it would use Vista's native icons. Same with OSX and Linux. Maybe an icon theming system could be implemented eventually. The icons are really the only part that I thought were "terrible"

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Re: VLC and its Alternatives

Postby DGMurdockIII » 18 May 2008 22:04

i totally agree

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Re: Re:

Postby DGMurdockIII » 18 May 2008 22:06

Yes :) For starters, you can replace the toolbar icons (play, pause, volume icon, etc) with ones that don't look so "1995-ish". For example, you can use the built-in Windows icons for them, and that way if you're in XP it will use XP's native icons, and in Vista, it would use Vista's native icons. Same with OSX and Linux. Maybe an icon theming system could be implemented eventually. The icons are really the only part that I thought were "terrible"
i agree 100%

davidmorehouse16
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby davidmorehouse16 » 13 Jun 2008 20:40

I say we get VLC to be able to all those things and BTW I LIKE the interface!

VLC rules. :D :D :D :D :D

DasFox
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DasFox » 10 Nov 2008 23:00

Why no one mentions GOM Player:

http://www.gomlab.com/eng/

jamsieteevee
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jamsieteevee » 29 Nov 2010 18:44

MetalheadGautham: The best thing about this is that it can store data in a ini file, and i can use it along with autorun commands to create gift cds with playlist intact.
This is EXACTLY what I am trying to do for a friend's Christmas present using an old USB drive.

How is this accomplished with using either VideoLAN or Media Player Classic on a USB stick?

So far I've created an autorun.inf but cannot get any program to autorun. Getting the custom icon to autorun was a cinch. My friends computer is running WinXP and mine's currently using Win 7. Will the Win7 autorun feature disable any autorun.inf?

The goal is to have either VLC or MPC autorun with a defined playlist.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Coffee Corner”