Hardwares needed for live show streaming

Just have a drink and chat
breezey

Hardwares needed for live show streaming

Postby breezey » 19 Jan 2006 02:06

Hi... I am new to this forum. I hope that I post my question in the right forum.

The company I am working for is looking at broadcasting a live show through the internet which will be watched by website visitors on subscription basis. I was asked to find out what equipments that we will need to accomplish this.

Is there anyone here can help me to list main hardwares/softwares that we will need and a link to some websites that sell those things. I would imagine that we will need:

1. Camera.
What kind of camera do we need? Is it like the camera used for CCTV or video recording camera like DVCam?
2. PC for data storage and processing.
Do you recommend to use a content distribution network service like limelight or akamai to broadcast the video? I think it will be very expensive if we host it by ourselves. If I use a service like limelight or akamai then what hardwares/softwares that I need to my PC?

Thanks for your input. Any info will be muchly appreciated.

Streaming_Guru
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Streaming_Guru » 08 Jan 2007 15:13

Hello!

If you are still interested in a solution for your company I can help you. All you need is a webcam, a PC and an Internet connection. As for the software, the best broadcaster with web conferencing and collaboration modules is Streaming BASE, which is the ideal choice for your company.
I will tell you how it works. We simply plug in the camera and the microphone into the Windows XP system. It connects to our FMS server and this way we broadcast to an unlimited number of people, video and audio in FULL SCREEN mode. Isn't that easy?

The harder we work the luckier we get!
Thank you!
Machine behind the stream!
Flex2 Development Group
Adobe Apollo BETA Development Group
Adobe FMS / Flash Media Server Development Group

Asim
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Asim » 08 Jan 2007 21:50

somebody delete this Streaming Guru spammer please....

"The More you shutup the luckier we get!"
"Get Lost!"

anyway...

firstly... what's ur userbase... how many people do you reckon you will be serving... and what's the quality of the video u'll have on the net? like what resolution and wat bandwidth etc?

wrath
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wrath » 15 Feb 2007 22:10

so u can basically broadcast to a infinite number of people ? i'm just curious how big my Bandwidth should be to broadcast to 200-300 people ?

Return to “Coffee Corner”