computer does not read sd card

Just have a drink and chat
George Chandley
New Cone
New Cone

computer does not read sd card

Postby George Chandley » 29 Dec 2013 19:48

Hi,

I have been using my computer to read pictures from a sd card for several years, the latest in October. When I tried to use it this week, for some reason, the computer reported it as H, not giving a small window of options. When I double clicked the icon on the computer page, I got an error message saying "insert a disk" rather than reading the card as it has in the past. I hope someone can help restore the function - or is the sd card worn out. It is only a 128 card in an old camera. New sd 2Mb cards do not work in it. Help!

Thanks.

George Chandley

pietruch88
New Cone
New Cone

Re: computer does not read sd card

Postby pietruch88 » 10 Jan 2014 23:54

i have the same problem

Toxidious
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Toxidious » 13 Mar 2014 00:58

You running XP?

Have had two computers (still running though) that suddenly wasn't able to read any SD card. XP seems to be prone to that specific bug, so I recomend to run a Linux live-cd on that same computer and check if card reader works properly under Linux.

It just don't do the tric to check the web for missing sc reader driver, you'll probably ending up finding links to "magic programs" that swear will fix your driver problems.

Only working solution for me was to set the computer back to an earlier state when everyting was working. Used Clonezilla for that purpose :D

burguera
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: windows

Postby burguera » 18 Mar 2014 17:26

My laptop still runs on XP and I had the same problem.

Thanks

Sodaman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Sodaman » 23 Mar 2014 18:48

My wifes laptop has the same issue running windows 8. She cannot read the SD card inserted into the slot, not even recognized. She has to leave it in the camera and read through the USB...

Return to “Coffee Corner”