Video presentation on USB Drive (possible?)

Just have a drink and chat
JSI
New Cone
New Cone

Video presentation on USB Drive (possible?)

Postby JSI » 19 Oct 2012 16:46

We would like to create a cross platform video presentation that runs on a USB drive. This would be similar to a DVD, with a simple menu and 6 videos that play when the menu item is clicked. Is this possible with the player and what format would the video need to be? We would like to play back HD, but even standard DVD size (not blueray) would be fine. I would also like to have the USB drive auto-start the first video when inserted. We are video producers and sometimes programmers, so we don't need the full details, just looking for a direction.

SpectateSwamp
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

USB drives save wear and tear

Postby SpectateSwamp » 04 Nov 2012 18:23

I'm doing that with my Custom MultiMedia player.

The app only works for PCs.

It's a great way to test out the changes before I burn them for DVD distribution.

My solution is to have the video with the latest features run on my PC and video capture that. Then burn the results for TV DVD players (on a DVD). Then move those vob video files etc to the USB stick. Most any computer can play these TV DVD format files.

My latest upgrade allows me to display large font text (48 point) explaining the video that follows; then a timeline playback, just showing the specific portion of the video in slow motion (multiple times)

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Video presentation on USB Drive (possible?)

Postby edwardw » 13 Nov 2012 22:05

Well, MKV allows you to have menus. So just bundle a copy of VLC media player and set it to run with your file in autoruns.inf.

TypX
Developer
Developer

Re: Video presentation on USB Drive (possible?)

Postby TypX » 14 Nov 2012 14:39

MKV theoretically allow that but I'm quite sure that VLC doesn't support it.

Return to “Coffee Corner”