VideoLAN - the best program ever written!

Just have a drink and chat
david

VideoLAN - the best program ever written!

Postby david » 30 Nov 2003 11:42

I've been registered since 15 minutes and what I want to say is:
VideoLAN is the BEST PROGRAM EVER DEVELOPED!!! :P

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 30 Nov 2003 23:33

Thank you for your support 8)
Don't use PMs for support questions.

macolo

Postby macolo » 01 Dec 2003 00:49

its awful! did you know that vlc can read video sources that commercial products like powerdvd or windvd can't? they break down with a weird error message whereas vlc has no problems.

it's the same story with the ugly bars; vlc produces a clean image.

thank you lot a lot for coding such a nice code! ;)

greets

macolo

voodoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby voodoo » 02 Dec 2003 21:35

I love VLC. It is the first and BEST video app for OS X that could handle DivX. It works very well on a 500 MHz G3 too!

botmund

Postby botmund » 02 Dec 2003 22:20

Well I am almost stunned. I am again and again amazed of what is being made under open source and the quality of it. This player is awesome, truly is.
What kinda guys is it that can put together software like this or the FFMPEG lib? Can't be that easy to program players/codecs...

/envy

8)

boby83

thanks videolan !! :-)

Postby boby83 » 08 Jan 2004 19:40

wonderful program that videolan is !!

i'm very happy to use it and it's free !! it's marvellous !!

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2004 08:01

VLC rocks I just wish v7 would handle AC3 audio properly :(

klumy
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby klumy » 27 Jan 2004 18:57

thanks to the developer team, for creating such a beautiful program !!
Windows 7

sudhanshu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sudhanshu » 11 Feb 2004 07:50

Truly, a wonderful piece of software ! I have been using it since a year now and i am greatly impressed :D

I use it on a linux machine to stream cable TV and hundreds of users irrespective of their platforms are able to enjoy it. What better can be expected of a open source player which beats proprietary products (read Windows media encoder or Real Producer) black and blue.

The coolest software on the planet i will say !!

Sudhanshu

Bart

Postby Bart » 15 Feb 2004 06:35

I'm using Videolan for a while now.

Normally you need to search for codecs, but I don't have to anymore.
VLC does the job for any video or even music.

I also have one pc which has a lot of movies on it. With vlc i'm sending out data over a wireless lan to a laptop, which i can connect to the TV all around the house (no long wires through the house). So movies on the bigscreen, i like it.

I even want to mention that VLC is becoming known by many people. Even at lanparty's i saw guy's using it after they saw it being used by me.
It's the best software, i've ever seen to play movies.

One downside about the program is that you have to read a lot before you can get it to work. So the more difficult the streaming, the more difficult it is to get good results. But in the end it still is a good program of course.

Great job, and I wish you a lot of succes in the future!!

Yen

Postby Yen » 17 Feb 2004 23:01

VLC is okay, remember it's still not 1.0 ....

I might use it for it's streaming technology :)

Sleepless

... its more than ok

Postby Sleepless » 28 Feb 2004 17:49

Everytime when i have trouble playing a file with any media player i try vlc and it works.

"respeta" [A quotation for respect misspelled from ALI G in his great movie]

:D

smmlt

Postby smmlt » 27 Oct 2004 23:42

Same here, i love VLC, the best amongst the best.

tenplus1
New Cone
New Cone

Oh yah!

Postby tenplus1 » 24 Dec 2004 19:58

Definately a great player by far... It beats WinAMP in many places except the playlist, although I dare say that will be worked on soon enough :)

Davemaster

VLC the King of players

Postby Davemaster » 17 Jan 2005 16:16

The best of the best that'sall i have to say,
any movie that did not work anywhere works on VLC

donald5748

best media player

Postby donald5748 » 29 Mar 2005 03:13

I agree, that videolan is the best every media player. one thing that i really appreciate about this program is the ease in which it opens any type of disk. i have used most of the other popular media players, and they all have failed to simply activate the disk, rather auto or manually. there is no having to search for the right file in the right folder, when i use VideoLAN.

Protocol

Praise

Postby Protocol » 02 Apr 2005 21:50

Great program! Been using VLC for awhile now, it is the best ever!
Excellent work guys! Keep up the good work!!!

stephe2defr

yes

Postby stephe2defr » 05 Apr 2005 10:06

I can just approve what everybody said . thank you for this excellent programm :wink:

ilovevlchavemybaby

Postby ilovevlchavemybaby » 06 Apr 2005 17:28

VLC is seriously the best media player on the market. Simply because codecs aren't needed and it plays everything perfectly in sync on my computer which is very old. This includes divx and xvid at full screen.

My pc stats p3 533 mhz, 128mb of ram, onboard 11mb shared intel 810e graphics. VLC is the only media player I have used that plays the videos in sync with the audio.

Absouletely love it. Keep up the great work guys!

konrill

opinion

Postby konrill » 08 Apr 2005 22:08

The most stable powerfull succesfull player I have ever encountered. No crashes, excellent picture quality and it even has satisfied my girlfriends critical judgement. Divx has never been this clear, no hesitations and ever ready. All that is left to do is an auto update feature and move over mediaplayer. Good work to the writers of this great program. It has found a perminant place on my computer and a fan for life.

Kind regards, Konrill

ace

Postby ace » 09 May 2005 11:16

I have been trying to find a decent player for the last few days, and downloaded some absolute shockers that I immediately uninstalled.

My search is finally complete. This great product will play anything I throw at it.

Well done, you guys Rock!!

Ace

bOGPOLE

Splendid!

Postby bOGPOLE » 03 Jun 2005 19:51

Indeed, VideoLAN is truly excellent. Many thanks to those who have contributed to its development.

I have VLC running on my MP3/DivX/video capture croc of an Athlon 1000MHz next to my Sky box and telly. This captures, transcodes and streams (via HTTP and ASF) to my decent PC in my study and to my wife's laptop for when she's feeding our baby. Saved me buying a new telly and wiring it in :-)

Next I need a remote control extender to work over the network.....

Thomas_AR
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Thomas_AR » 08 Oct 2005 03:40

Just tested VLc and i must say i am very supriced. I am using MPC. To say which one is the better is dificult. MPC is very small, only ONE file and also playes everything you can imagine up to DVD perfectly. In the future i will use... hard to say :)

But this way or an other, VLC Team, well done, great job.
Ciao
Thomas

clock_zhong
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby clock_zhong » 06 Nov 2005 02:46

I was amazed by VLC 4 years ago, and kept being amazed until now:O)

sheepdogs

Postby sheepdogs » 06 Nov 2005 05:39

VideoLAN is brilliant........ no comparison!

Return to “Coffee Corner”