Restart Streaming automatically

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
uniprof
New Cone
New Cone

Restart Streaming automatically

Postby uniprof » 04 Mar 2012 18:39

I am streaming a MMS to RTPS with following command:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=0,scale=0,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/android.sdp} :sout-keep

2 problems:
1) if I create the stream from VLC this work ok, but if I create by command line this work fine but the local player start to playback the streaming and I don't need it on the server.
2) I want to make possible restart automatically the streaming if the source disconnect for some reason.

thank you.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Restart Streaming automatically

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 05 Mar 2012 09:52

You screwed the command line syntax. You probably missed quotes.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

realjobe
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby realjobe » 21 Mar 2012 13:15

2) I want to make possible restart automatically the streaming if the source disconnect for some reason.
--loop I think..

str3tmonk
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby str3tmonk » 07 Apr 2012 02:56

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=0,scale=0,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/android.sdp} :sout-keep
Firstly, "vb=0" and "scale=1" don't seem correct. I remember something about transcode{} needing at least scale or vb set in order to work.
1) if I create the stream from VLC this work ok, but if I create by command line this work fine but the local player start to playback the streaming and I don't need it on the server.
I think adding "-I dummy" to your command (at the beggining, right after "vlc.exe" or "vlc") will make this command run only on on sout and not on display.
Depending on your source (HTTP? RTSP?) you would set "--http-reconnect=true" after your "sout" (see the VLC man page for more details). In my experience, this hasn't worked properly so I was forced to write a shell script that would check every minute to see if the output was dead and then kill/restart VLC.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 07 Apr 2012 10:14

--loop will work for any source. But this assumes the disconnection is actually detectable and detected. So for instance, this will not work for DVB or IPTV.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”