Wrong length after vlc (1.1.7) transcode to file

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
f!oc
New Cone
New Cone

Wrong length after vlc (1.1.7) transcode to file

Postby f!oc » 25 Feb 2011 10:06

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to convert (and stream to udp in same time) a capture device input to a file using libvlc.dll.
So I'm using these options: :sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=224.0.0.52:4323},dst=file{dst=\\\\\\\\192.168.0.52\\\\Shared documents\\\\128.wmv}}
Once this option added, I make a call to: libvlc_media_player_play(p_mi);

When I want to terminate the recording/streaming I call: libvlc_media_player_stop(p_mi)

Next when I want to playback the file, it's readable, but VLC is not able to get the length of the video, libvlc_media_player_get_length(p_mi); returns 0.
Do you have any idea ? Is there anything to do ? Thinking that could come from for the encoding format I have tried several other codec but each time it the same. But doing the same thing through the VLC GUI works fine and returns a correct video time.

Thanks for your help.
F!oc

f!oc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Wrong length after vlc (1.1.7) transcode to file

Postby f!oc » 28 Feb 2011 18:13

Apparently calling a libvlc_media_player_release after the _Stop method makes the video returning the right time length.
But unfortunately I'm not able to re-use it after releasing it (calling libvlc_media_player_new method fails).

What is the exact process to follow to correctly generate a webcam video capture ?

Thanks !
f!oc

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”