DVB tuner card

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
wildpitch

DVB tuner card

Postby wildpitch » 13 Jun 2004 23:00

I have a need to distribute a number of UK free to air digital tv channels over a LAN and from what I've seen of so far I'm sure that VLC can do the business with the delivery to the network. The only thing I'm not sure about is which TV card to use. Can anyone recommend which card to go for? I've got a whole heap of workstations I can use and I'm expecting to dedicate 1 PC and 1 card to each channel I distribute.

Any guidance on the TV card to use will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 14 Jun 2004 15:43

We do use the Hauppauge Nova cards on our campus and they work fine (under Linux).
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

hauppauge cards

Postby guest » 04 Jul 2004 17:18

Hello,
I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to my problem so far: I tried everything I could imagine, but I am not able to stream from a hauppauge card (nove, dvb-s). Everything is installed, the original drivers and progs (hauppauge) do work, picture is available, but when I start vlc and try to find the card in the streaming wizzard or settings, it always says "standard" or "none".
OS: W2K avd. Server, W3k Server Enterpr. ed., W2K Workstation, W XP, DirectX 8.1 or 9.0b.
Any ideas? Any help is greatly apprecaited. Thank you.
Best regards
Markus
mantonius@djv-news.de

zinky

Postby zinky » 20 Jul 2004 10:26

I've got the same problem too.I'm using Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card and VLC cannot find my card in list of devices.I'm hiting refresh list button, but card is still not appearing...What I would like to know is how to manually add a path to my device or is there any patch to fully support DVB cards :roll: ? As Far as I could go is to configure other program for streaming and then configuring VLC to capture this packets to destination target...Pls help.? :))

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 20 Jul 2004 10:33

Under Windows, VLC only handles card which have a DirectShow driver.
If your DVB card doesn't have one then VLC won't work with it (I'm not sure many DVB cards have a DirectShow driver).

Best bet for DVB cards right now is to use VLC under Linux which does support them.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”