Streaming to support sync multi-screen?

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Craig
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming to support sync multi-screen?

Postby Craig » 24 May 2006 09:44

I need to send high-definition (1280x720) video to 5 screens.
Sometimes these will be independant video's and sometimes they need to display the same video in sync with each other.

In order to accomplish the synchronous display criteria, I was planning on a server with over a terrabyte of storage for videos, and then streaming this accross a gigabit network with VLC sout.
Each screen then has it's own PC (running VLC, controlled over HTTP) to control it, and if they play from the stream they will be in sync; if they play from a file (still accross network from file server) then they will be independant.

Note that the screens are reasonably close together and thus it will be obvious if they are not synchronous.

Is this feasible? -- (I cannot buy any of the hardware until I know this can definately be done)

nw42
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC HighDefinition - sync. playout

Postby nw42 » 26 May 2006 15:47

Hi Craig!

sounds interesting - have to check some different things - because I need VLC for e-Cinema Playback up to 1080p - but if no answer is posted here - I suggest that we will checkout this togehter...

best regards

Danko

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 26 May 2006 22:50

You should try using the "netsync" module. ( use search for more info ... if you really can't get it to work report what settings you've tried and i'll help )
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”