Adding Date To File Name In Sout Capture of Radio Stream

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
kewa
New Cone
New Cone

Adding Date To File Name In Sout Capture of Radio Stream

Postby kewa » 23 Jun 2021 17:27

Hi

I run the following from a batch file which when finished will be launched by Windows Task Scheduler

Code: Select all

@echo off start "" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" http://stream.blahblahorg.uk:8001/stream?type=.mp3 :sout=#transcode{mux=raw}:file{dst=C:\\Users\\Kewa\\Radio\\HRS.mp3,no-overwrite} :no-sout-all :sout-keep --stop-time=20 vlc://quit
The code above works fine in that it starts VLC opens and saves a 20 second clip of the stream to my Radio folder

I want to make the output file name date specific - that is with the file saved date eg HRS 2021-06-23 and I've tried various ideas from this and other forums - mostly in much older versions of VLC - like %YY%MM%DD but they either stop the script running altogether or the file is saved with no date but the actual text HRS %YY%MM%DD

My skills here are very limited but clearly I don't understand the syntax well enough. I'd appreciate some ideas as to how to make this work and also how I could amend the code to have this run in the background perhaps using -quiet

Many thanks

Kewa

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”