Streaming TV (DVB-t) with TSReader + VLC

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
xenon

Streaming TV (DVB-t) with TSReader + VLC

Postby xenon » 30 Dec 2005 21:31

Hi everyone!

I've tried several things to get this working, but I don't have an idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using TSReader to select the channel I want to stream.
TSReader finds my DVB-t card (Hauppauge Nova-t) and I can browse the channels etcpp., all fine.
Now I've set up VLC to stream the channel over UDP to a client or maybe to my whole LAN.
Therefor I used the following command line within TSReader, which then starts VLC with these parameters.

Code: Select all

<IP>:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=:25000}}
So far I don't want to transcode anything, just pure streaming.

When I start VLC over TSReader I can see the selected channel and the command-line within VLC (bottom bar of VLC).

Now I start VLC at the client and enter the port of the streaming server.

It seems like a connection is established (see image), but I don't see any video nor hear any audio.

(playing, but no video/audio!?)

If you've any further questions, just ask me :wink:

So far
xenon

P.S.: Please excuse my english, it's not my native language. :cry:

EDIT: Ok I can stream a video file from my PC to a client, but the DVB-t thing is still not working. :evil:

Gursharn Singh

Postby Gursharn Singh » 26 Jan 2006 15:31

Hi xenon

I am workingon the exactly same problem as yours.
I am using TSReader to route data from DVB-T card to VLC and then stream it out from VLC.

Which stream-out format are you using?

I used MMSH format (Video codec: WMV2 and Audio codec: Mp3) and I can see the channel using Windows Media Player. It works fine.

cheers
Gursharn

matthew.geier
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby matthew.geier » 29 Jan 2006 03:25

Any reason why you want to put an extra bit of software in the middle ? As when compiled with the right options, VLC is quite capable of getting data out of the DVB-t card by it self.

The version of VLC up on freshrpm's isn't built with DVB support, but if you compile your own with the DVB options included.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”