audio syncronization

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
attitude

audio syncronization

Postby attitude » 06 Mar 2004 20:35

Im using vlc to stream the audio from movies played back on my laptop to my server which is hooked up to my dolby digital receiver. Everything works fine exept that the syncronization is 20ms off. To start with it was 900ms off, but when i turned of the cashing on the laptop and on the server (300ms each) most of it went away.

My question is if its possible to remove teh last 200ms as well? Is there a way to delay teh videoplayback on the laptop? Or maybe have the audio sent out early on the network stream?

Also is it possible to stream only the audio? maybe this would reduce the delay, as it is now i have disabled videoplayback on the server, but the data is still streamed....

Looking forward to your answers... In the worst case ill just have to edit it myself right, it is opensource after all...

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 06 Mar 2004 21:12

You might try Settings -- Preferences.
Click the "Advanced Options" checkbox in the bottom right of the window, then click on Audio under General Settings, in the frame on the left side of the window.

The eighth (8) line down in the Audio parameters list is called "Audio desynchronization compensation" If you put your mouse over the up-and-down pointers to the right of it, context-sensitive help pops open, saying that this is a value, in milliseconds, to compensate for lags between audio and video.

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2004 01:43

that does not affect the stream just the local playback so no help there... (cant do - on server as it doesnt have that data yet...

MisterGman007
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MisterGman007 » 01 Jun 2007 04:39

You might try Settings -- Preferences.
Click the "Advanced Options" checkbox in the bottom right of the window, then click on Audio under General Settings, in the frame on the left side of the window.

The eighth (8) line down in the Audio parameters list is called "Audio desynchronization compensation" If you put your mouse over the up-and-down pointers to the right of it, context-sensitive help pops open, saying that this is a value, in milliseconds, to compensate for lags between audio and video.
I posted earlier tonight on audio delay. I adjusted this setting about 2000ms (positive) and now the audio does not clip - BUT - the video is now 2s ahead of the audio. It now looks like one of those really badly dubbed kung fu movies when the lips move then the voice follows.

So then, I wonder if there is a setting to back the video up to match the audio? Don't see one...

Thanks.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”