select audio track for stream to file

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
tomdarch

select audio track for stream to file

Postby tomdarch » 04 Nov 2005 08:46

I ripped one of my DVDs to my HD. I am transcoding the resulting .vob file into mpeg4 by streaming the output to a file. My one problem is that VLC is using audio track 1, but i want audio track 2. When I play the file, I can switch Audio Track 2, but when I am straming to file, I get errors if I switch while it is processing.

I can't make that Audio Track selection in the 'open file' dialog, and I've tried some things in the preferences, but without success. I wouldn't even mind if the resulting file had both audio tracks. How do I select the correct audio track for streaming to a file? If the setting needs to be made in the preferences, I'll need pretty specific help. (I did search the forum for this issue, but I wasn't able to find anything similar) Thanks!

Postby Guest » 05 Nov 2005 01:11

As a follow up. Prior to posting, I had gone through the preferences and tried setting audio-pid to "1" and "2" instead of "0", but this had no effect. I am using the GUI on the OS X version. I haven't tried doing this from the command line.

EFO
New Cone
New Cone

Postby EFO » 14 Nov 2005 23:39

Which version of VLC are you using ?

If having a mpeg-4 file with the 2 audio tracks is ok for you VLC can do that.

I have already transcoded a VOB file containing 2 audio tracks to a mpeg4 file and the resulting file had the 2 mp4 audio tracks into it by default.

I used VLC 0.8.2 from the UI (windows release) with the following options.

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,url="movie.mp4"}}
EFO

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”