Stream out works, but can't find stream on other PC's.

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
xbdtartarus
New Cone
New Cone

Stream out works, but can't find stream on other PC's.

Postby xbdtartarus » 25 Jan 2007 21:33

I have it working to stream a Direct Show of my cable connection. It is set to stream with UDP to another pc's IP address. But when I go to the other pc and try to open the network stream, I can't seem to find it. I can stream video files with ease, but can't seem to figure out the receiving end of the Live TV streaming. I am not even sure if I have the output settings right, so could someone please explain how to output the stream, and how to find it on other PC's with VLC. I need to know how to stream live Cable tv throughout my building in case there are any important alerts that need broadcast with ease and efficiency.

Thank you,
-Tartarus

osmanosman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby osmanosman » 25 Jan 2007 22:35

1. do you check firewall ports?
2. try http streaming with asf maybe your capture card not support ts

xbdtartarus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xbdtartarus » 25 Jan 2007 23:00

Please explain the procedure... not just tell me what to do. I have tried HTTP but it's so confusing on how to setup and all the Tutorials or help blogs don't cover everything. I need to know EXACTLY what to do when I send it through HTTP, and then how to gain access to it on other PCs.

Oh, and my graphics adapter is an ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI-E Edition, so I would think it supported all these formats, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, please explain how to send a LIVE DIRECT SHOW of Cable TV over HTTP or any other method, and then just explain in detail how to retrieve the stream on other PC's.

-Tartarus

xbdtartarus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xbdtartarus » 26 Jan 2007 18:00

Please help me with this issue. It seems that when I open the Direct Show and then use the stream wizard, it hides the video even when i have it set to show video while streaming. It just shrinks up the VLC player to it's startup size, but the numbers still run as if it is streaming. And then I still don't know how to get it to come up on other PC's. So any help would be great.

-Tartarus

kizovani
New Cone
New Cone

solution

Postby kizovani » 26 Jan 2007 19:45

http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/29/how- ... using-vlc/

here is the best and easiest explanation for your problem

xbdtartarus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xbdtartarus » 26 Jan 2007 19:51

I already used that. But that only really explains how to stream files using UDP Unicast. I can stream files with UDP unicast and multicast no problem. I need an in depth explanation or tutorial on how to send AND RECEIVE streams with a Direct Show of Cable TV. Please understand that by giving me links to the simple answers isn't going to help me in my situation. I really need to know step-by-step the process for which I have asked, not a generic, very simple process for file streams.

Thanks,
-Tartarus

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 26 Jan 2007 22:53

Could you start by explaining "exactly" what you tried ?
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

osmanosman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby osmanosman » 27 Jan 2007 16:36

in directshow window click advanced and select device properties.
later select video source and resolution.
I think you must transcode video. Do you making this?
And try any video format.

lomeranger
New Cone
New Cone

Eureeka

Postby lomeranger » 29 Jan 2007 01:47

I have been working all weekend to stream video from DirectShow having the exact symtoms. I clicked transcoding and all works just fine. TY!
I think there's a world market for about five computers.
-- attr. Thomas J. Watson (Chairman of the Board, IBM), 1943

xbdtartarus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xbdtartarus » 29 Jan 2007 19:19

Ok, I will try using the transcoding options. One last question though. If I'm sending a multicast stream with the RTP, what do I enter in the receiving PC's to receive it. Like the udp://@ipaddress. What do I put in that box in order to receive the stream?

Thanks,
-Tartarus

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”