Stream a few tv chanels useing one TV CARD is it possible?

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
pwozrak
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Stream a few tv chanels useing one TV CARD is it possible?

Postby pwozrak » 01 Jul 2006 20:09

Is it possible to stream a few chanels useing one TV CARD and VLC, propably the special equipment is needed.

reever666
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby reever666 » 01 Jul 2006 21:35

hi pwozrak !

at first you must tell what kind of cards you have analog or digital.
with one digital card you can record up to 4 streams simultanous.
but not all channels. you can only record channels from the same broadcast.
like rtl rtl2 super-rtl or pro7, kabel1 sat1 here in germany.
with an analog card you can only record one stream at a time. Unless you buy more cards. now you can stream more than one analog or digital programs. you can grab multiple streams with multiple instances of VLC. But you need a very fast PC. you can mix analog and digital cards in one PC.did you ever heard of myth TV. it´s a networking and multicard media center for linux. very good for such things.

greetings Wolf
IPcop PII 350 320MB 4GB 4NIC´s
1st PC: Sempron2200 768MB 60GB GeForceFX5500 Hauppauge TV-Card
DC30 VideoCutting-Card
2nd PC: PIII-866 512MB 80GB Radeon 9000pro with ViVo
Fileserver: PII-350x2 384MB 170GB
Webserver PII-350 384MB 4GB

flux tv card ->stream

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2006 23:02

hello

i'm interreted by your subject.

i have tv card winfast tv 2000, and i don't know who i can and if it's possible, stream video and sound flux from tv card to next pc with vlc of course.

if you can help me on this subject

regards

matthew.geier
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Stream a few tv chanels useing one TV CARD is it possibl

Postby matthew.geier » 30 Jul 2006 03:25

Is it possible to stream a few chanels useing one TV CARD and VLC, propably the special equipment is needed.
If it's a DVB card and the 'radio' channel you are tuned to has multiple programs on the one 'multiplex', then yes.
But the tuner can only recieve one 'radio' frequency at a time, so you can only tune to one transmitter. How many programs are on the one transmitter is up to the broadcaster.

I've got a DVB-S card in a PC, tuned to a particular satelite transponder and I'm getting 10 TV channels out of it. This is rather extreme though. Most transponders have less.

My local digital terrestrial stations tend to transmitt a SD channel and a HD on the same frequency. (They are not allowed by law to multichannel here), so you can recieve and record/stream the SD and HD channels at the same time with the one reciever card. You can not simultaniously get another TV station's programs, they are on a different radio frequency, need a 2nd card to tune to the other frequency. (Or a dual tuner card).

DIBBY >:s

Steaming TV on your PC

Postby DIBBY >:s » 11 Aug 2006 23:10

I use megasteaming software. Although you would have to do a P2P (peer-2-peer) search to find it as it is very hard to find. I can do everything streaming from my PC. It is too much to share details, just search for it on P2P programs.

-----------------------------------------------------
BTW, check out this other software! You can watch TV on your PC for FREE!!! I got it, and its awesome.
Thousands of channels to watch. Movies, music videos, cartoons, ESPN sports, adult channels, etc.
http://www.globalmax-tv.com.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”