vcodec=DIV3,acode=mp3 gives me vlc crash

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage

vcodec=DIV3,acode=mp3 gives me vlc crash

Postby Guest » 02 May 2004 21:29

Hi,

Using Gibalou's suggested method of streaming MPG to Windows Media Player from viewtopic.php?t=255, I'm attempting to stream like so, on linux:

vlc -vvv pvr:/dev/video0:norm=ntsc:size=320x240 ":sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,acodec=mp3}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=192.168.1.28:8080}" --ttl 12 --cr-average 1000

When I use this command line, I get a segmentation fault. I can stream if I use mpga for the audio codec, but WMP plays only the video stream. I can stream an mp3 track using acodec=mp3, and WMP can play it. I've also tried using vcodec=mp4v with acodec=mp3, and I get the same segmentation fault. For some reason, I can't stream mp3 with video. I need the DIV3 / mp3 combination to work. Any ideas?

I've compiled vlc from source, with ffmpeg-mp3lame. It appears that's all the configuration I need to do to get mp3 to work.

Thanks,
Ken

Newswatch
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Newswatch » 02 May 2004 22:48

I've got a similar problem. Though I compiled ffmpeg with --enable-mp3lame and vlc with --with--ffmpeg-mp3lame I cannot stream video streams with mp3 audio. vlc -vvv complains:

ffmpeg encoder error: cannot find encoder MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3

The precompiled binary for windows works though. What am I missing during compilation ?

Postby Guest » 02 May 2004 23:30

Newswatch, with all due respect, this may seem like a similar problem but it is not the same problem. I do not get the error you are getting. In fact, I don't get any errors at all, except the seg fault, even with using -vvv. You should really start a new thread. May I suggest double checking that ffmpeg was successfully compiled with mp3lame support?

Postby Guest » 02 May 2004 23:31

Newswatch, with all due respect, this may seem like a similar problem but it is not the same problem. I do not get the error you are getting. In fact, I don't get any errors at all, except the seg fault, even with using -vvv. You should really start a new thread. May I suggest double checking that ffmpeg was successfully compiled with mp3lame support?

Dael

Postby Dael » 16 Jun 2004 09:27

I have exactly the same problem!
Please help us!

if I compile vlc with --with-ffmpeg=<ffmpegdir> I got Segmentation fault while transcoding top mp3:
---------------
[00000384] stream_out_transcode private debug: creating audio transcoding from fcc=`a52 ' to fcc=`mp3 '
[00000396] main encoder debug: looking for encoder module
[00000396] main encoder debug: probing 8 candidates
[00000396] ffmpeg encoder debug: libavcodec already initialized
[00000396] ffmpeg encoder error: cannot open encoder
[00000396] ffmpeg encoder debug: libavcodec already initialized
[00000396] ffmpeg encoder debug: found encoder MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3
[00000015] main module debug: using encoder module "ffmpeg"
[00000390] main private debug: adding a new input
[00000390] mux_asf private debug: adding input
[00000390] mux_asf private debug: adding mp3 header
Segmentation fault
----------

I tried to compile with --with-ffmpeg-tree=<ffmpegsource> from the compiled source of ffmpeg and I get Error while compiling,
0.7.1 ---> too few arguments on line 1517 of transcode.c

In vlc 0.7.2:
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o)(.text+0x224): In function `OpenDemux__ffmpeg':
: undefined reference to `av_open_input_stream'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o)(.text+0x79b): In function `Demux':
: undefined reference to `av_read_frame'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o)(.text+0xa67): In function `Control':
: undefined reference to `av_seek_frame'
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-demux.o)(.text+0xcc0): In function `Control':
: undefined reference to `av_seek_frame'
./modules/stream_out/libstream_out_transcode.a(libstream_out_transcode_a-transcode.o)(.text+0x15f0): In function `Add':
: undefined reference to `av_d2q'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [vlc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/vlc/vlc-0.7.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/vlc/vlc-0.7.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
--------------

Help Help Help!!!

Thanks a lot!

dael

Postby dael » 16 Jun 2004 22:06

...I forgot... ffmpeg called stand alone works fine.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”