Streaming Problem with FlyVideo 2000

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
glargo
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming Problem with FlyVideo 2000

Postby glargo » 03 Jul 2006 15:24

Hi everybody,

Actually I have been work with VLC 0.85 to real time streaming, to caputure the video am using a FlyVideo2000 with saa7134 chip. Well, i configure my tv card and this work perfectly with xawtv but when i use VLC i have the following troubbles:

1. To run VLC and obtein a channel imagen i need run xawtv or v4lctl setchannel X(where X is the channel that i want watch) to setup the channel that VLC will show.

2. With xawtv i have sound but with VLC nothing am try using differents sound devices like /dev/audio, /dev/dsp, /dev/rtl, /dev/mixer.

The line command that i used is:

vlc v4l:/dev/video0:norm=1:channel=39:adev=/dev/dsp:audio=0 --sout-display

Note: if i change the channel 39 by other one, i have the channel setup in 1.

Other question.... How i can setup the input line example: S-Video, Composite, Television? this is because when i put channel=3 in line command... i obtain the S-Video input why?

I appreciate your help.

reever666
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby reever666 » 05 Jul 2006 20:23

Hi glargo !

1. you don´t need to run xawtv everytime. just take the frquency variable from the MRL and you have the channel you want.

2.try /dev/dsp1 or /dev/dsp2 then it´s function. at my hardware for example and i have only one soundcard.

the composite input is channel 1 , s-video is channel 3 normally channel 2
channel -1 is tv

I hope this could help you

greetings wolf
IPcop PII 350 320MB 4GB 4NIC´s
1st PC: Sempron2200 768MB 60GB GeForceFX5500 Hauppauge TV-Card
DC30 VideoCutting-Card
2nd PC: PIII-866 512MB 80GB Radeon 9000pro with ViVo
Fileserver: PII-350x2 384MB 170GB
Webserver PII-350 384MB 4GB

glargo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby glargo » 06 Jul 2006 15:19

Hi reever666

1. you don´t need to run xawtv everytime. just take the frquency variable from the MRL and you have the channel you want.

Thanks by the information.... but i'm not sure how get information form MRL... you can help me... i look for this in google but not found someone interesting.

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2006 12:56

Hi again

1. What´s the problem you type in the MRL box right from the keyword "frequency" your frequency and that´s all. perhaps you must trie several times. but from shell it must go.
You don´t have a frequency table from your cable-tv-provider or something else ?

glargo
New Cone
New Cone

I dont know the frecuency of the cable provider

Postby glargo » 07 Jul 2006 17:35

Hi again
You don´t have a frequency table from your cable-tv-provider or something else ?
So i found some channels frequency because I probe ( manually )many frequency values, I hope found an automatic process to do that and the same time save this values in plane text for futures uses.

Until have sound problem

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2006 21:51

Well with the previus help i could tuner differents tv channels but to obtein local audio need run v4lctl volume mute off.

When i stream the tv channel, the client vlc play the video but not audio. I tried with aded=/dev/dsp /dev/dsp1 /dev/dsp2 but nothing......

This is the last detail to finish my video server, i appreciatte your help.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”