use VLC ENCODER to stream into WINDOWS MEDIA SERVER

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
igorkolla
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows

use VLC ENCODER to stream into WINDOWS MEDIA SERVER

Postby igorkolla » 09 Apr 2006 09:31

is there any way how to use VLC (encoder) to stream into windows media server? The reason is -> Windows media encoder is poor, compared with VLC encoder, but we need keep WMServer for stream distribution.

mediaguy2006
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Stream to server

Postby mediaguy2006 » 12 Apr 2006 03:40

You can Use windows media encoder to push to the server if. You are doing a Peer to peer stream PC to PC. It will do UDP TCIP and HTTP you can Pull Or Push to the server. I have used it it works well But it may depend on your application your computer CPU and hrdwaresetup. Windows Media will Tax your CPU and Ram. so Large format will crash your PC. I don't know what a you are attempting to do. so I hope this tips works..

igorkolla
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows

VLC to WMS

Postby igorkolla » 12 Apr 2006 07:07

I don't want to use WMEncoder, but I want to use WMServer. From Videolan encoder i need to send data (RTP or UDP) to Windows media publishing point. But i think it's not compatible, Videolan encoder can't generate stream what accept Windows Media Server.

tipok
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tipok » 13 Apr 2006 10:30

I have this problem too. But I use Real Server
I make ethereal's dumps of VLC <---> RServer exchange

Server needs "Stream Format File" from WMEncoder (somthing like SDP file). WME create it and send at first packet, required by Server. But VLC sends "404 Not Found" for such requests.

VLC can't neither push nor pass to WMServer (Or Real Server) WindowsMedia compatible streams.

TRY TO USE WIN 2000 media server!
Комп не выключать!!!

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”