Videolan TV-Streaming and remote channel changing SUCCESSFUL

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
questioner

Hello! Pls help me!

Postby questioner » 05 Feb 2006 21:41

Hello! I'd like to create an own broadcasting with my video files(movie files),but I don't to know what shall I do... ...Please help me that.

P.s: I don't speak English at very good,so I'll have a lot of fail.

satschism

Can't wait

Postby satschism » 13 Feb 2006 15:55

this should be no big deal. a co-worker of mine is currently extending the scripts, so it will be working with the dreambox as well. i'll put your idea on the todo-list for the next release.

do you think i'll create an opensource project e.g. at sourceforge?
Really looking forward to the Dreambox abilities. I am streaming mine, but have to take over remotely and reconfigure for every channel.

Keep up the good work,
satschism

ghostzapper
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Hello! Pls help me!

Postby ghostzapper » 15 Feb 2006 18:17

Hello! I'd like to create an own broadcasting with my video files(movie files),but I don't to know what shall I do... ...Please help me that.

P.s: I don't speak English at very good,so I'll have a lot of fail.
Hi,

just setup your machine as described in the tutorial. Then move your Video Files tu the 'Streaming' folder. You can now select them from within the web interface.

Ghostzapper

P.S.: What language would be better? German?

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2006 16:43

I want to go one step longer with this feature. Is it possible to put folders in the "streaming" folder and then make it possible to see whats in these folder.

example:
streaming\holliday06\sample.avi
streaming\holliday05\sample.avi

if i do it like this now, i dont se anything. Anyone who know to solve this problem?

Postby Guest » 15 Mar 2006 22:29

im intrested in adding support for subtitles to the script. Anyone else?

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2006 09:49

Im trying to add subtitle fetaure to the script like this.

index.php//

<input name="source" type="radio" onClick="document.start.vdevice.disabled=true;document.start.adevice.disabled=true;document.start.channel.disabled=true;document.start.file.disabled=false;start.sub.disabled=false;" value="file" checked <?php if (isset($_GET['source']) && $_GET['source']=="file") echo "checked=\"checked\"";?>>
</div> </th>
<th width="178" scope="col"><div align="left">
<select name="file" size="1" <?php if ((!isset($_GET['source']))||(isset($_GET['source']) && $_GET['source']!="file")) echo "selected=\"selected\"";?>>
<?php
$dir_handle = opendir($stream_dir);

while ($entry=readdir($dir_handle)) {
$rev_str = strrev($entry);
$pos = strrpos($rev_str, ".");
$rev_str = substr($rev_str, 0,3);
if (is_file($stream_dir . "/" . $entry)) {
if ($entry[0] != ".") {
echo "<option>".$entry."</option>";
}
}
}

closedir($dir_handle);

?>
</select>
</div></th>
</tr>
<tr>
<th scope="col"><div align="left">
<select name="sub" size="1" <?php if ((!isset($_GET['source']))||(isset($_GET['source']) && $_GET['source']!="file")) echo "selected=\"selected\"";?>>
<?php
$dir_handle = opendir($sub_dir);

while ($entry=readdir($dir_handle)) {
$rev_str = strrev($entry);
$pos = strrpos($rev_str, ".");
$rev_str = substr($rev_str, 0,3);
if (is_file($sub_dir . "/" . $entry)) {
if ($entry[0] != ".") {
echo "<option>".$entry."</option>";
}
}
}

closedir($dir_handle);

?>
</select>
</div>

start.inc//

$directshow = "";
if ($_GET['source'] == "file") {
$directshow = "\"" . $stream_dir . $_GET['file'] . " :sub-file=/" . $sub_dir . $_GET['sub'] . "\"";
} elseif ($_GET['source'] == "tv") {
$directshow = "dshow:// --dshow-vdev=\"" . urldecode($_GET['vdevice']) ."\" --dshow-adev=\"". urldecode($_GET['adevice']) . "\" --dshow-tuner-channel=" . $_GET['channel'] . " --dshow-tuner-country=".$tuner_country." --dshow-caching=".$caching." --dshow-tuner-input=".$vlc_tuner_input." --dshow-chroma=".$vlc_chroma . " --dshow-size=\"352x288\" --no-dshow-config --no-dshow-tuner";
}

configuration.ini//

$stream_dir = $script_dir . "streaming\\";
$sub_dir = $stream_dir . "subtitles\\";

i get theese messages when i hit the startbottom:

main error: no suitable access module for `D:\Mina Dokument\Emil\Projektarbete\EasyPHP1-8\www\Projekt06\stream\live\streaming\1Thank You For Smoking (trailer)AVC_1Mbps_Stream.mp4 :sub-file=/D:\Mina Dokument\Emil\Projektarbete\EasyPHP1-8\www\Projekt06\stream\live\streaming\subtitles\sub.srt'

whats wrong?

scoutice
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

general comments on extending the scripts with new functions

Postby scoutice » 21 Mar 2006 08:26

whenever you try to extend the scripts with some new functionality, it is a good idea to first run VLC with the new parameters from the commandline.

The scripts only call VLC with some parameters. So, if new functions are needed, try to add the parameters and run it from the commandline. if the result is what you want, then do the extensions to the scripts.

many greetings
Thomas

dave_c_uk

Download

Postby dave_c_uk » 10 Jul 2006 13:00

Does anyone have this download available? None of the URL's work but I'd really like to use this!

miliop
New Cone
New Cone

where are the files.

Postby miliop » 13 Aug 2006 17:53

I am looking for the necessary and not archives where.

I need to make a prototype for house.

Somebody me the send by email

info@hardware-shops.net

Thank you

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”