WinTV PVR 150 Streaming: Now no audio

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
daswerve
New Cone
New Cone

WinTV PVR 150 Streaming: Now no audio

Postby daswerve » 31 Dec 2005 03:27

Ok, here's the deal. I used to be able to stream my TV with ease using the VLC Media Player connected to a WinTV PVR 150 card, but now I've run into a strange issue: the WinTV PVR Card is no longer listed in the dropdown menu for Audio Source, only in the the Video Source dropdown!!! Any ideas on where it went???? Windows Media Encoder can no longer find it either. But, the WinTV 2000 application plays the audio/video locally just fine.

Much thanx in advance!

mnaber

Same problem here

Postby mnaber » 03 Jan 2006 05:09

Hey, I'm using the same PVR-150 as you and I was able to do streaming last year but now this year I try it and no Hauppauge thing in the audio source list. I'm running WIN XP SP2. I tried it on a Nforce chipset and a VIA chipset system with the same results. I can't figure out where the audio thing in the pulldown menu went. If someone figures it out please let us both know. I tried using older versions of VLC and that doesn't help. Perhaps we need to use older versions of the Hauppauge drivers? What's the release date of the current ones? Where can we get the old ones to try it?

mnaber

Solved it

Postby mnaber » 03 Jan 2006 05:35

okay so you need to use the old drivers:

here's how to fix it:

1) download hwclear http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software ... wclear.exe

2) reboot machine

3) download old drivers http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software ... 50_inf.zip

4) go to the windows device manager and manually install hardware selecting the drivers from a specified location (after you unzip them). I trust you know how to do this...

Yeah, so that's it. Email mnaber AT mit DOT edu if you need me...

fateric
New Cone
New Cone

how to start it without wintv200

Postby fateric » 03 Jan 2006 16:58

hi,

I have the problem that videolan doesn't start the tv streaming (or locale watching). First I have to start hauppauges WinTV2000 application then I could stream and watch TV with videolan.

Do you know how I can watch TV without Hauppauges Software?

Are there some bits set on the TV tuner card or are there loaded some extra drivers?

@mnaber: thank you for your help

Old drivers didn't help

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2006 06:42

Thanks for the info about the driver rollback mnaber...unfortunately it didn't work for me.
XP Pro w/SP2, Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 PCI card
VLC 0.8.4a
Ran the .exe to remove WinTV stuff and drivers, rebooted, instructed hardware warning to install driver for device from the download (and unzipped) location...installed successfully. No dice with VLC still though. Video only. No audio.
Any other suggestions anyone ?

mspink

Postby mspink » 19 Feb 2006 07:58

try plugging directly into sound card and selecting that?

daswerve
New Cone
New Cone

SUCCESS

Postby daswerve » 11 Mar 2006 04:09

mnaber, u r the man! Finally got it to work! Streaming TV again as I speak....here's what I did:

1. download old drivers http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software ... 50_inf.zip
2. Unzip
3. I didn't even have to run hwclear, so skip that
4. Go to Device Manager/Sound, video and game controllers/ Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) / Driver / Update Driver / No, not at this time / Install from a list or specific location / Don't search. I will choose the driver to install / NOTE: Don't highlight any of the options in the next window, instead just click "Have Disk" and browse to where u unzipped the old driver and select "HCWPVRP2.inf" / u may be prompted to locate a couple more files as it installs (something like kbuser.dll and ky.sys or something like that): just do a search on your machine to locate them and select each (but don't select either file if it's located in a ServicePack folder)...

Enjoy! And again, huge thanx to mnaber!

Re: WinTV PVR 150 Streaming: Now no audio

Postby Guest » 17 Apr 2006 14:03

Ok, here's the deal. I used to be able to stream my TV with ease using the VLC Media Player connected to a WinTV PVR 150 card, but now I've run into a strange issue: the WinTV PVR Card is no longer listed in the dropdown menu for Audio Source, only in the the Video Source dropdown!!! Any ideas on where it went???? Windows Media Encoder can no longer find it either. But, the WinTV 2000 application plays the audio/video locally just fine.

Much thanx in advance!

snipe122
New Cone
New Cone

Postby snipe122 » 12 Dec 2006 21:48

Doesnt work, another suggestion? I got the device under Audio listed - but doesnt work either... grrrrr I HATE IT! Tried every combination in my soundcard as well - nothing...

xpirito
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xpirito » 29 Apr 2007 00:35

Doesnt work, another suggestion? I got the device under Audio listed - but doesnt work either... grrrrr I HATE IT! Tried every combination in my soundcard as well - nothing...
I've gone through this also, mate... :(

I'm getting no sound in VLC from my Hauppauge PVR-150, although in ChrisTV it's working fine. Any clue?

dreamy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dreamy » 09 Mar 2008 10:56

I've finally found THE solution to stream video with audio from the PVR 150 !
Open WinTV2000, Select a low quality (I'm using WIFI, low bandwith; 24mb...)
example 1200 kb/s peak 1600kbps 12GOPS (resolution 720*576 of lower)
audio 44khz 160kbps.

save this profile. and let it record.

Open VLC,
Go to wizard
>Stream to network
>Select a stream => choose the file that is recording in WinTV.
> Press next > Streaming method => select HTTP and leave the field below blank.
Press next and let this file play...

Open VLC on another PC in the network. > file> open Network Stream > HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS > url: [IP adres streaming PC]:8080
Press OK, You should now see the LiveStream...
Note; time to live can be long... But this seems to be the only possibility to stream from a PVR 150

dbehman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dbehman » 20 Apr 2008 19:58

dreamy you are awesome! That's why I call thinking outside the box! I just did this in no time at all and it works like a charm - thank you soooo much for taking the time to post this solution!

dbehman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dbehman » 20 Apr 2008 20:07

Hi dreamy - a question - as you said, time to live can be quite long - not a huge deal for me, but do you have any tips on what to do to minimize the delay as much as possible? Perhaps some setting changes in WinTV2000?

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”