Multiple Inputs on one server

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
imnew

Multiple Inputs on one server

Postby imnew » 03 Dec 2005 22:02

Hi, I bought a server and put VLC Media player on it. I want to know if there is a way to play two streams at the same time and do live stream outputs for both?? I dont necessarely want to see the video, just want to stream it. input 1 mms link > VLC Media player on server > Client
input 2 mms link >VLC Media Player on server > Client

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 04 Dec 2005 00:03

Hello,

Yes, it is possible, using the "VLM" feature. You can have a look at the streaming howto, on http://www.videolan.org/doc that details this.

Please don't hesitate if you have any further question.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

ggunners
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ggunners » 06 Dec 2005 19:23

On a Windows 2000 machine, I just launch 2 versions of VLC, one streams from source 1 (TV Tuner Card) and the other streams from source 2 (USB Web Cam).

Does that answer your question?

-- ggunners

Grumpa

Postby Grumpa » 06 Dec 2005 21:34

ggunners: Hello, you have been a big help to me before, so I'm trying again. Regarding the USB Webcam ... any special HTTP stream settings needed? My Logitech USB2 webcam starts, and then freezes ... no movement, no audio ... any ideas? Thanks again for all the previous assistance.

astertos

multiple inputs to multiple outputs

Postby astertos » 27 Feb 2006 07:09

I don't see a proper answer to this question if anyone can help that will be great.

(1) I was wondering if you can have multiple inputs (eg usbweb1 usbweb2 cameras) transcoding to multiple outputs on the one server (eg out1.sdp, out2.sdp)

Can you run multiple instances of VLC for each case on the same computer? Is there a better solution for this scenario?

And one other question:
(2) How about if you want to do multiple transcoding from the one stream. Eg If you want to stream one input to two or more bitrates and sizes.
For example
INPUT USBCAMERA
OUTPUT1 640 x 480 1000kb/s high1.sdp
OUTPUT2 320 x 240 80kb/s low1.sdp

I've tried multiple instances for this example but it doesn't work. There is a conflict in trying to use the one camera input. Is it possible to have one instance performing multiple transcoding?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 27 Feb 2006 15:06

(1) streaming howto chapter 5 on http://www.videolan.org/doc/
(2) streaming howto chapter 3 and 4 on http://www.videolan.org/doc/ (look for "duplicate")
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Videoman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Videoman » 01 Mar 2006 07:41

If you want to use multiple capture device with same vendor in one VLC, you have to wait the following problem fixed.

viewtopic.php?t=17528
viewtopic.php?t=16319

For remedy, you can launch multiple VLCs.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”