Hauppauge WinTV PCI + Streaming (Windows XP pro)

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Marcoboy

Hauppauge WinTV PCI + Streaming (Windows XP pro)

Postby Marcoboy » 03 Jul 2005 12:16

Hi!

I've tried about every solution I could find from this forum, but nothing seems to work.

I have one computer with Hauppauge tv-card and I've tried to stream tv-picture via UDP and HTTP to my other computer.

I manage to stream music, I even manage to stream video files between these two computers, but NO TV!!! (i do have right DirectShow video device selected etc.)

My streaming VLC seems to work just fine. It says it's streaming normally, and my receiving VLC seems to be ok too, but I have no picture (or sound).

ps. I've tried without firewall too, no effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

marcoboy

Postby marcoboy » 03 Jul 2005 12:43

hmm... seems to work now !!! I just needed to do the settings manually and NOT use Wizard.

That is strange, because I placed EXACTLY the same settings manually.

mtim

changing channel

Postby mtim » 06 Jul 2005 10:28

While streaming live tv, is it possible to change the channel from the client. That is it would be easier to change a channel from the computer accessing (laptop) the channel instead of going to the source (desktop) every time to change the channel.

Thanks in advance.

Confiuration: WinXP, Hauppage WinTV PVR150, Cable internet 3 mbps.

amberbamber
New Cone
New Cone

Postby amberbamber » 25 Oct 2005 04:25

marcoboy

Would you please tell me how you streamed live tv over your network?
The only guide I've found it for the pvr250/350.
I'm trying to steam from an xp pro desktop pc over a wireless network to a laptop xp home pc with the pvr-150. So far I've had little luck.

Thanks

sgrizzi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

settings for pvr 150

Postby sgrizzi » 27 Oct 2005 00:24

I would also be glad if you could share the exact setting you've used.
So far I managed to stream video from the PVR150 but no audio.
Thanks.
sgrizzi

sgrizzi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

settings for pvr 150

Postby sgrizzi » 27 Oct 2005 00:24

I would also be glad if you could share the exact setting you've used.
So far I managed to stream video from the PVR150 but no audio.
Thanks.
sgrizzi

wsblurch
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

PVR

Postby wsblurch » 27 Oct 2005 11:50

If you look in the HOW TO STREAM, there is only mentioned that you can stream with two Cards only PVR350 and KFIR. But if you use directshow, than you can use every card that is compatible with windows directshow. For sound just let the VLC refresh the list. Most Soundcards are detected, because they are directx compatible.

Good luck Tobi

lucindrea
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lucindrea » 30 Oct 2005 23:32

for my xp pvr-150 i do this ( i also control it via my linux box via telnet )

vlc.exe -I rc --rc-host :23 --rc-quiet test.m3u

my m3u looks like ( note: i'm currently having sound issues - it doesnt like my card so it's omited here )

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U #EXTINF:0,7 - chan7 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-vdev=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-adev= #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-size=640x480 #EXTVLCOPT:no-dshow-config #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-channel=7 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-country=0 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-input=2 #EXTVLCOPT:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:80}" dshow:// #EXTINF:0,8 - chan8 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-vdev=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-adev= #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-size=640x480 #EXTVLCOPT:no-dshow-config #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-channel=8 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-country=0 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-input=2 #EXTVLCOPT:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:80}" dshow:// #EXTINF:0,10 - chan10 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-vdev=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-adev= #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-size=640x480 #EXTVLCOPT:no-dshow-config #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-channel=10 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-country=0 #EXTVLCOPT:dshow-tuner-input=2 #EXTVLCOPT:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:80}" dshow://
etc for each chan
the only thing i'm havig problems with right now is i need to type next or prev in the telnet session to change chans .. havent worked out how to jump to X in the playlist

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”