Convert Video with Brightness

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
El3mental
New Cone
New Cone

Convert Video with Brightness

Postby El3mental » 16 Oct 2014 21:08

I'm trying to convert a video with the brightness altered/increased.

I know, convert/save, select file, yadda yadda yadda, saves transcoded file. But the brightness isn't being changed. I know you select which filters show up under the preferences>video>filters menu, but none of the descriptions are clear at all on which filter controls brightness.

I've done this before, some months ago, so I'm assuming the only filter I had checked (Image Properties Filter) is the correct one, unless an update changed that.

Edit: Decided to work randomly on 1 file. Think I may have have selected the post processing filter as well. Still doesn't work on other videos; it either produces a tiny file with no video, or it just glitches and continually tries to open and close the input file until I kill it by taskmanager. Why is something that should be so simple so very very hard?

El3mental
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Convert Video with Brightness

Postby El3mental » 18 Oct 2014 19:04

Bump for help

Edit: Changed options under preferences>stream output>sout stream>transcode, selected post processing and image properties filter. Didn't give me brightness, but the video outputs now....without audio.

Double Edit: Reinstalled, refreshed preferences, got video with brightness to work, but no matter what there is no audio in the converted video.

Triple: As expected, the output video does not have an audio stream. However vlc will still convert audio for me. So I have no idea what its issue is.

Did some looking around, this is apparently a common issue. I'm converting a MPEG-1/2 Video, with MPEG Audio Layer 1/2/3 (Mono, 32000Hz, 64kbps) to MP4. Seems if I leave the sampling rate for the audio output as 44100Hz, it gives me nothing. If I go lower, (next setting is 22050Hz) the audio works but there's stutters and pops every second. 44800Hz makes the audio watery along with the pops and stutters.

El3mental
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Convert Video with Brightness

Postby El3mental » 20 Oct 2014 18:27

Nobody?

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”