IP CAM RTSP re-streaming adding audio

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
cruisher
New Cone
New Cone

IP CAM RTSP re-streaming adding audio

Postby cruisher » 03 Jan 2012 13:46

Hi All!

I have an IP camera,the camera RTSP stream does not contain any audio stream. I would like to add audio to the IP camera RTSP stream from a microphone connected to the sound card, then re-stream this new stream to a wowza server.
I'm using VLC on windows 7 os. How can i do this?
Thank u for your help!

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: IP CAM RTSP re-streaming adding audio

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 03 Jan 2012 17:18

Basically, you can't do that. There would be no way to synchronize the video with the audio signal.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

cruisher
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cruisher » 05 Jan 2012 08:57

Thank you for your answer!

boltwave
New Cone
New Cone

Postby boltwave » 09 Oct 2013 21:13

Hi, sorry to bring this up again.

Is this possible now with the newer version of VLC? Same question as OP, is it possible to restream a RTSP stream using VLC and adding an audio track via "mic in" input on the PC?

RTSP (Video only) ----> VLC + MIC IN or LINE IN ----> RTSP (Video and Audio)

Because both streams are "live", I would assume video and audio would be captured synchronized and then restreamed. Thanks in advanced.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 10 Oct 2013 17:13

It depends if your audio is synchronized in VLC. Usually, this is not the case.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

boltwave
New Cone
New Cone

Postby boltwave » 10 Oct 2013 20:03

Thanks Jean.

Can you let me know how to add the "mic in" option when i'm at the "Network" tab under "Stream" menu? I can try this out and post back my findings.

Edit: found it but i can't get it to work properly. I get black screen and audio ticking when streaming from the network but when i stream on the local machine i see picture but can't confirm audio because I am remoting to it.

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:554/test} :sout-keep

Anybody know why I can't even get video to show?

dariocdj
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dariocdj » 24 Oct 2013 16:40

Hello All,
same problem : i need to restream in rtssp an rtsp video source (rtsp://) with a directshow "usb microphone"....

tried :
C:\Programmi\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe -vvv -I rc dshow:// :dshow-adev="USB Microphone" :dshow-vdev="None" :live-caching=300 :network-caching=1000 :input-slave="rtsp://192.168.0.10:554/user=admin&password=XXXXXXX&channel=3&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/test.sdp} :sout-all :sout-keep ttl=128

and this work with audio but NO VIDEO.

tried :
start C:\Programmi\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe -vvv -I rc dshow:// :dshow-adev="USB Microphone" :live-caching=300 :network-caching=1000 :input-slave="rtsp://192.168.0.10:554/user=admin&password=XXXXXXX&channel=3&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/test.sdp} :sout-all :sout-keep ttl=128

and this work with audio and Directshow WRONG video (another capture device in my pc and not rtsp source)

tried also :
start C:\Programmi\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe -vvv -I rc "rtsp://192.168.0.10:554/user=admin&password=XXXXX&channel=3&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100" :live-caching=300 :network-caching=1000 :input-slave=dshow:// :dshow-adev="USB Microphone" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/test.sdp} :sout-all :sout-keep ttl=128

and this work with rtsp video but not USB Microphone Audio.....
and give me [00e1e164] main input error: demux doesn't like DEMUX_GET_TIME always in loop

Someone have a solution ? Tried also to search unsuccesfully a free "directshow rtsp capture device" to have only direct show source....

Thanks a lot
Dario

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Nov 2013 20:46

Unfortunately, this is a VLC limitation, when the 2 sources are missing timings.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”