MY PC IS REBOOTED SRTEAMING WITH A WEBCAM

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Lorena

MY PC IS REBOOTED SRTEAMING WITH A WEBCAM

Postby Lorena » 22 Sep 2005 11:13

Hello I´m also trying to stream from a PC with a webcam connected, to others PC´s and to a PDA but I have some problems.

When I use the Wizard and Direct show in the "server" PC I can see the display with the cam´s images without problem, but when I try to send to others PC´s the server PC gets rebooted.

When I try to send to the PDA I have the same problem

Also I had no problems to stream with a MPEG file, but I wasn´t able to do it wit others video formats that I do reproduce with VLC in the server PC. My cam edits in a MJPG format. Can somebody help me??

I have WIndows XP

Thanks a lot

johnnylq
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby johnnylq » 22 Sep 2005 16:40

Hello...well maybe you have to transcode the video input of your webcam before to streaming...something like this:

vlc -vvv v4l:/dev/video:norm=ntsc:frequency=543250:size=320x240:channel=0:adev=/dev/dsp:audio=0
--sout '#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mpga,vb=3000,ab=256,vt=800000,keyint=80,deinterlace}:.......

good look

Lorena

Postby Lorena » 25 Sep 2005 16:20

Thanks Johny I finally could stream from my webcam to other PC but now I have other problem. I´m trying to stream to a PDA where vlc is installed. I am able to view MPEGs file in the PDA when I sent them by UDP from my PC but I´m not able to view the videos that I stream from my web cam. I can only see a green display. Any suggestion? thanks a lot.

queparda@hotmail.com

BigDAS
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BigDAS » 25 Sep 2005 22:12

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.
BigDAS

Lorena
New Cone
New Cone

Lorena

Postby Lorena » 26 Sep 2005 07:42

Thanks for the suggestion BigDAS but I can´t find that option in the menu.
I´m using a Spanish version and I think that the most similar is something like "¡Aprisa!" in the menu:

options->preferences->streamoutput->sout stream->transcode

isn´t is?

Thanks again ;)

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”