VLM output stream stops, after input stream has stopped

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
sibeMamnue
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLM output stream stops, after input stream has stopped

Postby sibeMamnue » 30 Mar 2013 08:07

Hi all

I wrote a VLM script that generates and streams a mosaic output from some input network streams. Input streams are MPEG-4 or MPEG-2 streams. As expected, it works well; except that when input streams are stopped and after a period of time they are started again; they aren't seen in the output video :( . Is there any time-out or another option that can be used to fix that?
thank you

Code: Select all

new channel1 broadcast enabled setup channel1 input udp://@224.11.11.11:2002 setup channel1 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=1,height=240,width=320},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=5},select=audio} . . . new background broadcast enabled setup background option image-duration=-1 setup background option image-fps=25/1 setup background input /home/samim/mosaic/mosaic.png setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,vb=8000,scale=0.5}:bridge-in{delay=40,id-offset=100}:standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=224.11.11.11:2000} control channel1 play .... control background play

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: VLM output stream stops, after input stream has stopped

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 01 Apr 2013 19:13

I don't think there is an auto-reconnect for udp
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

sibeMamnue
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sibeMamnue » 03 Apr 2013 08:59

I have seen in typical usage of vlc that for playing a udp input stream, when input stream stops and after a while starts again; vlc can detect stream reset event and start playing stream. I have worked with jvlc library and I have seen the MediaPlayerEventListener interface can detect stream stop, play, timeSeek and etc for udp streams.

But why VLM script of vlc can not play the input stream when it stops and starts again?

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 03 Apr 2013 17:32

UDP is connection-less. VLC never detects the disconnection; it just considers the stream paused.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”