--sout-mux-append problems when transcoding

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
captainloc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

--sout-mux-append problems when transcoding

Postby captainloc » 18 Feb 2013 23:24

Hi guys,

Here is the situation : from the first server i'm getting DVB feed and transcoding/streaming with HTTP/TS.
From the second server i'm getting this stream, saving it, and then transcoding it to MP4. I'm using --sout-file-append to append the stream to a unique file even if the live stream breaks.
And here is the problem : when the live stream get cut and recover,i have an error trying to encode it to MP4 with FFmpeg or such tools. It just encode the first part of the video (before the cut).
If i try to encode it with VLC, It's like i had 2 different video file in the same file : x264 prompt stats for the first part of the video, and fail telling me —sout-mux-caching is too low.

Here is an example ts file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2b9ioi3ho887 ... e_Voice.ts

Do you have an idea how to handle this situation ?

I was thinking to an option : instead of --append, is there a way to create a new file with the same filename, and an id automatically generated (my_file.1.ts, my_file.2.ts ...) ? Then, i could join TS Files and it will be handled correctly i guess.

Or if any of you have a solution to encode this file properly to MP4, i'm interested !

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”