Transcoding from .ogg to .wav error

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
bullyellis
New Cone
New Cone

Transcoding from .ogg to .wav error

Postby bullyellis » 21 Mar 2012 16:58

I am trying to transcode a .ogg file to a .wav file and am having issues.

I am using the following command line:

vlc.exe -v -I dummy "lrjimsqh.ogg" --sout=#transcode{acodec=s161,channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=wav,dst="lrjimsqh.ogg.wav"}
It is not working.

I am getting the following error:

Code: Select all

main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called stream_out_transcode stream out error: cannot find audio encoder (module:any fourcc:s161). Take a look few lines earlier to see possible reason. stream_out_transcode stream out error: cannot create audio chain main decoder error: cannot create packetizer output (vorb) ogg demux warning: couldn't find any ogg lofical stream
I am using Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. If this is not the correct forum please move thread, I think it is since I am using sout :)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Transcoding from .ogg to .wav error

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 21 Mar 2012 18:36

s16l not s161
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

bullyellis
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bullyellis » 22 Mar 2012 14:19

Jean. You are my new hero.

Keep up the great work.

thomassisson
New Cone
New Cone

Postby thomassisson » 30 Apr 2013 06:08

Even with the correction and changing vlc.exe to vlc, that command spits out errors in Linux. Of course, I don't know if they have changed commands, or what, since this post. I wanted to change the new mail sound in Thunderbird, but Thunderbird doesn't support ogg files. I went ahead and used the GUI to run the conversion, but the command line feature would be useful for batch conversion.

Here is my output in case you are interested.

Code: Select all

vlc -v -I dummy "newmail.ogg" --sout=#transcode{acodec=s16l,channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=wav,dst="newmail.wav"} VLC media player 2.0.5 Twoflower (revision 2.0.5-0-g1661b7d) [0x21a1438] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module... [0x7ffbf0000e38] main stream output error: stream chain failed for `transcodechannels=2:standarddst=newmail.wav' [0x7ffbf4000b28] main input error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”