Amino AmiNET130 configuration

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
ericblissmer
New Cone
New Cone

Amino AmiNET130 configuration

Postby ericblissmer » 29 Apr 2008 22:08

I have been assigned the task of setting up the STB at the end of our network, and streaming video multicast from VLC.
and to run some other tests prior to installing our middleware servers.
I am running into problems with the STB, and i think it might just be hosed.

I have been able to stream video to it, by setting the home page to my multicast address in the mgmt interface (alt-m), then pressing the home page key and it will start playing.

When i boot the STP, it comes up to an "about/start" page, but no browser, nowhere to type in an address.
I press GOTO on the keyboard, and nothing.

So, i've added 4 multicast addresses for testing to my network, and also put each one in the homepage, and went to them...
Now, at least I have my addresses in the SHOW HISTORY button, which all seem to be working.

I cannot change channels nor manually enter in any addresses, unless i do it in the method above.
I have even added them to the "channels" section in the management interface, but cannot access them easily.

So i'm trying to find some documentation on this creature, no luck from amino, just an answering machine.
No documentation anywhere on setting this thing up. We are getting a middleware server next week, so maybe that is necessary for what i want to do, but i'm not sure.

1. Should there be a browser window? (i only get the about/start -opera info window)
When i find that browser, i'm assuming i can just point it to my multicast address?
2. If so, can i then surf the regular internet as well through the interface?
3. What is the default telnet password? I cannot log in to it to look at anything.
4. Should i be able to access an html interface page at http://STB'sIPaddr/aminet/welcome.asp
5. Are there any other home pages or web pages on the device, that i might access from the management screen?
6. How can i put my own website on there with customized links?

If anybody has some tips to get me in the right direction, i would be forever appreciative.
I've been tinkering with it now for about 16 hours.

Thanks in advance,
Eric.

Maulkin
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Amino AmiNET130 configuration

Postby Maulkin » 12 May 2008 12:50

I have been able to stream video to it, by setting the home page to my multicast address in the mgmt interface (alt-m), then pressing the home page key and it will start playing.
A good start.
When i boot the STP, it comes up to an "about/start" page, but no browser, nowhere to type in an address.
I press GOTO on the keyboard, and nothing.
Does the toolbar appear if you press the 'toolbar' button?
So, i've added 4 multicast addresses for testing to my network, and also put each one in the homepage, and went to them...
Now, at least I have my addresses in the SHOW HISTORY button, which all seem to be working.

I cannot change channels nor manually enter in any addresses, unless i do it in the method above.
I have even added them to the "channels" section in the management interface, but cannot access them easily.
For channels, you can use your remote control to go straight to a channel

1. Should there be a browser window? (i only get the about/start -opera info window)
When i find that browser, i'm assuming i can just point it to my multicast address?
2. If so, can i then surf the regular internet as well through the interface?
3. What is the default telnet password? I cannot log in to it to look at anything.
4. Should i be able to access an html interface page at http://STB'sIPaddr/aminet/welcome.asp
5. Are there any other home pages or web pages on the device, that i might access from the management screen?
6. How can i put my own website on there with customized links?
1. It depends on the exact build. What's the PRECISE version numbers in about:/start.htm?
2. Yes
3. Search the forum
4. I doubt it.
5. No
6. What do you mean by 'there'? If you mean in the management pages, then no.

quidam61
New Cone
New Cone

Postby quidam61 » 27 May 2008 02:13

Eric,

I'm going through the same exercise with a bunch of Amino 130 STB. We don't want a fancy middleware product, just the simple ability to change channel, Up, Down, etc...

I'm curious if you have any progress to report.

Quidam

mjohnsonlkvlmn
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mjohnsonlkvlmn » 30 May 2008 17:22

I use the Amino 130 to display HD and SD streams from VLC and HDHomerun network tuners. I configure 5 channels on the 130. To configure channels enter configuration pages with alt M then enter configuration password. Select channels from the config menu. I select config channels 0-10. For each channel on the channel config page enter:

igmp://224.1.1.1:1234

where 224.1.1.1 is the multicast address for the desired channel and 1234 is the port number (default for VLC). I use 224.1.1.1 through 224.1.1.5 for my channels. You can now use the remote to switch between the channels.

ericblissmer
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ericblissmer » 31 Jul 2008 20:25

No progress, even the middleware guys have problems with these boxes. I'm using another amino and a wagoner box that work fine.
good luck.
Amino support is useless. They told me by email to contact my ISP.... however, I am a consultant to ISPs, so, well, guess i wont be recommending amino to anybody!

madislak
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: latest, always ;-)

Postby madislak » 22 Aug 2008 21:06

Opera is not the most friendly browser for aminet, try to upgrade it with a Fresco browser if possible.

1. The "Goto" and "Toolbar" buttons should show the toolbar on the browser (with url area, homepage and refresh buttons, etc.)
2. Yes and no. You can put a web url as homepage like "http://www.google.fr" and you should be able to surf on the web. But this is a set top box, not a pc, so it will be ugly on your tv !
3. Telnet password for root : root2root. but telnet is disable on the new versions on firmware
4. No
5. No
6. You can put your website's url as homepage.

I am working with aminet set top box for 2 years, if you want advices, mail me at "madislak@yahoo.fr" (I'm french)

Good luck

Deckard
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Deckard » 12 Jan 2010 11:03

I've just received a Amino 130 STB and I'm a bit confused. I'd like to add channels but I can't telnet/ssh (disabled by default).
Actually, I can do this in Management pages but I need the IR keyboard which I don't have. How could I start using STB ???

If I'm right, to enable telnet/ssh I need to upgrade firmware but to do this, I must ... telnet/ssh on the STB !!

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks ...

mustaculous
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mustaculous » 24 Feb 2010 08:26

I have a Aminet 130H STB... when i connect this stb with TV with Din-Component cable i dont see anything on TV sometimes even no signal...
I am not sure if the STB is set to send output on HDMI... but i am sure that STB has takes an IP for a while then restart... which means it doesn't have any image on it right?
how do i switch the output to component if i want to? i atleast wanna see the amino logo at the startup... considering i don't have HDMI display

mustaculous
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mustaculous » 24 Feb 2010 08:58

Hello
Does anyone have opera image of Amino130H...
I need to test something with it...

Regards

CRJ343
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CRJ343 » 02 Jun 2010 12:49

I've just acquired one of these boxes - a bit uncertain about what was loaded onto it before.
When I connect it to the TV (via a SCART) I was expecting it to show the configuration screen (as described in the manuals I downloaded from the Amino site) - but I get nothing !
I even seem to have a problem powering it ON - I assume that when the red LED is glowing on the STB it is in Standby ?
I don't think the remote is problem - it seems to talk to my TV correctly - though I see in the manual that the remote can be locked to a particular STB - is there anyway of starting these boxes WITHOUT using the remote ?
I was (briefly) able to telenet but now that has "gone" and my router can't even "see" it as a connected device.
Can anyone help !

Brgds
Chris - London

macelesteutah
New Cone
New Cone

Postby macelesteutah » 06 Jul 2010 07:26

I am having the same problem. I get no signal on my screen just a snow screen.

BernWoz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BernWoz » 09 Jul 2010 22:42

If the LED is on solid then then the box is on - not in standby. The LEDs can also signal an error, check if they are blinking and match it to the patterns listed in the install/upgrade guide on their support site.

The reason its not displaying anything is probably the video setting - try other video inputs.

pizzahut4life
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pizzahut4life » 16 Jul 2010 15:59

These devices are tricky. Be sure to download the Install and Upgrade Guide from the support website under Downloads. http://support.aminocom.com/ics/support ... eptID=1281

Towards the end of the document there is a table with error codes. Power on the device and decode the error codes. Mine were "No multicast group" or 2 major 3 minor error light flashes then the device would restart. I was getting no video signal. The Aminos that were given to me to "make work" were bought without a webpage or any software. You have to go to the support page and request an account. http://stbsupport.aminocom.com/cgi-bin/accounts.cgi Select that you have not signed a NDA and download then fill out the NDA for your region. After a few days, supposedly, you will receive an account to be able to download some software for free. After that follow the install and upgrade guide to create a DHCP/mcast server on Linux to upload the bootstrap and software to these devices.

Good luck. Going to submit my NDA now.

CRJ343
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CRJ343 » 02 Sep 2010 14:46

The problem I have is that since I can no longet "telnet" the box I can't see an easy way to load the software onto it.
I've got the account & the support documents are very good .... but if the box hasn't "booted up" I'd like to konw how I "talk to it"

sachin091985
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sachin091985 » 20 Dec 2011 11:41

Dear all,

Could you please tell me how to change the start up page (logo page).

I want to update my own page on startup in Amino 130 though telnet.

Is there any firmware required of we can add .jpg file only.

Please help me if anyone knows
Sachin

spacedvb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spacedvb » 24 Dec 2011 00:59

The problem I have is that since I can no longet "telnet" the box I can't see an easy way to load the software onto it.
I've got the account & the support documents are very good .... but if the box hasn't "booted up" I'd like to konw how I "talk to it"

You need to get a Amino debug cable (part number 500-745) from AMT dot com in florida

google search how to "Amino 130 debug cable"
need use Linux or Windows if use Windows use Hyperterminal open your amino and put 4 pin header
fallow intruccion from xxx://www.settopbox.sk/amino/TN005%20-%20Debug_Cable.pdf

good luck

there is a company in NJ offering service with A130 Amino using MW Beesmart + mobile Iphone and android

TroyMcClure
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TroyMcClure » 29 Aug 2013 20:09

Hi all.

I need any image A130 xxx xxx xxx.tgz for AmiNET130. to solve the problem with "loading" at the beginning of start-up.

Thanks in advance!!

TMC.-

stb
New Cone
New Cone

Postby stb » 14 Jan 2014 10:53

There is also a way to reflash the AMINO with a bootstrap server.

You need to put this Code into your DHCP Settings:

Code: Select all

class "AmiNET130 upgrd" { match if (option vendor-class-identifier="Aminoaminet130upgrd") or ((substring( option vendor-encapsulated-options,2,9)="aminet130") and (substring( option vendor-encapsulated-options,13,5)="upgrd")); vendor-option-space AMINO; option AMINO.address 239.225.225.104; option AMINO.port 11111; }
Then you need to setup the bootstrap server. The download and howto are available on the Amino Homepage. I did this on a Linux server, not sure if it is available for Windows too. I am sorry that i can't provide the bootstrap server config because i changed to another system that suits my needs better.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”