open vlc in streaming with a shortcut

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
akkad
New Cone
New Cone

open vlc in streaming with a shortcut

Postby akkad » 23 Mar 2011 12:15

hi,

i want to save a shortcut in windows that open VLC and directly stream my web cam, rather go thru the streaming wizard everytime,
i am using the following command line where it opens VLC stopped without running anything:

vlc -vvv input_stream --dshow-vdev 'Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks' --dshow-adev 'none' --dshow-caching '200' --sout '#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=200,fps=30,scale=0,width=320,height=240,acodec=none}:http{mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=:8888/}' --no-sout-rtp-sap --no-sout-standard-sap --ttl '1' --sout-keep

any idea??

Greg
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: open vlc in streaming with a shortcut

Postby Greg » 24 Mar 2011 21:37

Take a look at this post and the links therein
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84404

Should cover the idea Eg missing // and other stuff

Also, either use ...scale=x ... Or ... width=x,height=y... Not both

akkad
New Cone
New Cone

Postby akkad » 28 Mar 2011 09:04

Take a look at this post and the links therein
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84404

Should cover the idea Eg missing // and other stuff

Also, either use ...scale=x ... Or ... width=x,height=y... Not both

i removed the "scale" parameter, and also tried all the variations which are mentioned
in the link you posted but with no hope :( , any other suggestions ?

Greg

Postby Greg » 28 Mar 2011 13:26

No other suggestions apart from a thorough re read of the "Appendix" sub link in my previous post.

This is a working adaptation of that example

Code: Select all

cd C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\ vlc dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture" :dshow-adev="SoundMAX Digital Audio" :dshow-size="256x192" --sout="#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=200,deinterlace,fps=25,scale=0,ab=32,acodec=mp3,samplerate=44100}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http{mime=video/x-flv},mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=0.0.0.0:8080/stream.flv},dst=display}" PAUSE

Jtinley
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Jtinley » 24 Oct 2014 01:06

I created an account just to post this cool solution we used to help users connect to their document camera's when the software that came with it was not working (although we got it to work later)
we put a shortcut on the desktop for users and then right clicked to get to properties and in target AFTER the last " paste this
rtsp://Your.IP.Address:YourPort/PSIA/Streaming/channels/2?videoCodecType=H.264

The PSIA/Streaming etc may be proprietary for the brand of document camera's we were using.

This worked flawlessly and was easy for users to use while we figured out the real software solution. Very cool that our favorite program VLC was ALSO the companies main test program giving us yet another use for VLC!

I hope this helps someone!

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”