help - 2 live streams w/ windows

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
stevej
New Cone
New Cone

help - 2 live streams w/ windows

Postby stevej » 08 Dec 2010 22:17

OK... so I can grab video from an Osprey capture card and send it to a server running Darwin Streaming Server (from apple) and do a live stream. The DSS server then sends the stream out to the World

But now I need to use the same feed to generate a second stream at much higher quality to target one computer on our LAN (plugged into the same switch so UDP and ttl doesn't come into play) so I can project the feed in the lobby of our gym (graduation).

I'm guessing I need to use the "duplicate" argument and have a second destination (dst) but the examples in the streaming howto are all Linux targeted and I need this to work w/ a Windows machine doing the encoding. (Yeah, I'm typing this on my Linux desktop, etc. but the capture card I have is a windows only thing and I have no $ for a new card).

Ideas/help appreciated, esp. if you are good w/ .bat files in Windows (since I'm much happier doing bash scripting). Here's my current bat script:

Code: Select all

call "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" dshow:// --sout-rtp-dst="live.example.edu" --sout-rtp-ttl="5" --sout-rtp-sdp="file://C:\\00 streaming\\2test.sdp" --sout-rtp-port-video="5006" --sout-rtp-port-audio="5004" --sout "#transcode:rtp" --sout-transcode-height="240" --sout-transcode-width="320" --sout-transcode-fps=15 --sout-transcode-vcodec="h264" --sout-transcode-vb="400" --sout-transcode-acodec="mp4a" --sout-transcode-ab="64"
Thanks!

z32
New Cone
New Cone

Re: help - 2 live streams w/ windows

Postby z32 » 17 Dec 2010 14:49

I'm having problem with using h264 for two streams. It works with h264 in combination with anything else (one stream h264 and second mjpg, for example), but two streams with h264, no way :(.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”