About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
simon272
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 1.0.1
Operating System: FreeBSD

Re: Streaming to Real Player Mobile *for newbies*

Postby simon272 » 22 Aug 2010 20:41

You understand that an RTSP server must have a public unfirewalled IP address.You also understand that the RTSP client must either have a public IP address, or be behind a NAT with RTSP ALG support.

It sucks? Well then don't use RTSP.
It really sucks. But this is the only one way to stream video to mobile devices over 3G I found. SO if you can recommend me some thing can replace RTSP I'll appreciate this.

Thanx for reply! Kind regards!
use DSS with vlc-created .sdp file in DSS's media path
Can you post example of "output" part ?

Kind regards !

Protti
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Protti » 13 May 2011 16:33

Hi guys,

I only know RTSP to stream to mobile end devices, but not only by using 3G, but also by using 2G with real 15 frames per second.

Do anyone knows other posible ways?

smile
New Cone
New Cone

Postby smile » 20 May 2011 12:08

1. What is the difference between rtp and rtsp?
2. Why stream through rtsp, and not http? Cant my nokia can receive streams through http?
3. Is it possible to use ONLY vlc to perform this streaming operation(without Darwin Streaming Server or Real Media's Helix server)
hi
I've been working on this scenario for 2,5 months, tried lots of stuff but cannot accomplish anything about this. but at least I can share my experience, it's really hard to find help about this.

1. rtsp is supported by nokia s60 phones, but rtp is not. so that's why you have to stream in rtsp protocol.
2. rtsp = real time streaming protocol , as you can see you can get real time streams with this ( video on demand or live content, I'm working on live content ), http is a transfer based protocol, you can watch video by http protocol also, but in order to do this, first you have to download the video, then watch the video.
3. yes but your computer must not be behind a firewall, at least that was the answer when I asked this question.

Currently I can stream in rtsp protocol by only using vlc media player, I can get the audio from realplayer in my nokia phone, but I cannot get the video. I try it with quicktime on another pc in my WLAN, I can get both audio and video, but streaming to mobile ? have no f.... idea...
Vlc is good cause it can both do the streaming and encoding.

here's my batch script to do the rtsp streaming.

Code: Select all

call "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" dshow://vdev="Chicony USB 2.0 Camera" adev="" -vvv --audio --sout "#transcode:rtp" --sout-rtp-dst="192.168.1.4" --sout-rtp-name="MHSS" --sout-rtp-sdp="rtsp://192.168.1.4:554/webcam.sdp" --sout-transcode-vcodec="mp4v" --sout-transcode-vb="400" --sout-transcode-width="144" --sout-transcode-height="176" --sout-transcode-fps="5" --sout-transcode-aenc="ffmpeg" --sout-transcode-acodec="mp4a" --sout-rtp-mp4a-latm --sout-transcode-ab="32" --sout-transcode-samplerate="16000" --sout-transcode-channels="2"
I'm working on windows vista.I've tried darwin streaming server and vlc together, but I got some problems from darwin streaming server side, it didn't see the relay from vlc ( sdp file was being created, but dss didn't see this ).
I've checked for flash media server, wowza media server, but they are not free, only trials, since I'm a student and working on this case for final year project ( wish I'ld choose something less complicated and easier ), I cannot afford to buy those kind of products.
I've checked real producer and helix server, documentations were poor, or let's say that I cannot find good and understandable tutorials about them, and also streaming url's are too complicated in it.

Last, I'm coding in java for mobile part ( project is a little bit complicated, webcam is on a electric circuit I designed which has a step motor, turns to left or right according to client commands which is listened by server and sent to microcontroller through rs232 serial port etc.etc.), playing rtsp streams in java is also little bit complicated, there are codes that you can find when you search in google, but I couldn't manage them to work.

guess I'll stay in university for a while :) hope these information are useful for you, and someone who did this kind of project can help both of us :)

Hi you wanna said that , vlc server streaming can't be used in the case on a Wide area network ?? only in a Local one ?? I developed a VOD portal , the server streaming is VLC of course , and my server which managed VLC is developed with J2EE, in the first time, the vlc command line has a "0.0.0.0" rtsp-host attribute, so i can visualize the video from any PC in the local network, but when I changed the value of this attribute by the IPAddresse value of the demander PC , an message error displayed saying :new :Could not create media;
I understand from your post sir, that the vlc can create new media for an rtsp-host behind a firewall, isn't it ? So what's the solution ?? I wanna publish my potal and visualize the videos from any place !!

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”