Problems streaming TV

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
New Cone
New Cone

Problems streaming TV

Postby 0001001 » 14 Mar 2005 15:29

Hi,

I'm totally new to this forum and all this VLC stuff but it's very interesting.
I've been playing around with VLC for some hours now but I can't get TV streaming to work.

My OS: WinXP
Input: Nvidia 5900 with TV-In

What I get to work is:
- Streaming an mpg file over LAN
- Watching TV with VLC using my Nvidia 5900 TV-In.

What doesn't work:
- Streaming TV using my Nvidia TV-In.
There's always this error:
main error: cannot add this stream
main error: cannot create packetizer output

Can someone help me to get this working?

Micht

Postby Micht » 14 Mar 2005 17:48

Hello

Sry, doesn't have answer to your question cause I have the same problem ;)

My configs:
PC 1:
Windows XP Pro SP1
Tunner TV Pinnacle
VLC night build (20050313)
IP: 192.168.0.10 (dhcp)

PC 2:
Windows XP Pro SP2 (Firewall ... disabled)
VLC 0.8.1
IP: 192.168.0.3

I put PC 2 on recieve by UDP and PC 1 and send (try all params even transcodage) but I've no reciption on PC 2. As "0001001", it works fine with sending a avi file on the network or seeing the TV on PC1.

If somoen could help us, I will be thanksfull.
++
Micht

xboxit

hmmm

Postby xboxit » 14 Mar 2005 19:28

im new at this also but i dont think you put your internal ip in to connect try your exsternal ip

Garhu
New Cone
New Cone

Tv streaming

Postby Garhu » 14 Mar 2005 23:05

I have also the problem that, I can't stream it to an other pc. I can view it on the pc but there is the wronge frequence. And I can't change it :S It would be nice, if there would be a controler or something like that.

I have :

PC1:
Windows Xp Profesional SP2
Haupauge WinTV-PVR
Connected to an normal etharnet network
VLC 0.8.1 (wxWindows Interface)

PC2:
Windows Xp Profesional SP2
Connected to an normal etharnet network
VLC 0.8.1 (wxWindows Interface)

The streaming from mpeg from one to the other is now problem.
No risk, no fun

PhunkY
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby PhunkY » 16 Mar 2005 00:13

I made a small "How to stream" on my Homepage in german. You will find this at mySite Hope this helps

PhunkY

Garhu
New Cone
New Cone

tv streaming

Postby Garhu » 16 Mar 2005 23:17

Thx for the fast reply. Oder auch ind Deutsch danke für das schnelle zurück schreiben :P

Alsow thx for the site, but that I allready knowed. I have both from ebay an other Tv card for the Laptop with USB connection. With this card I can change the changels ect. en look with the vlc on the host is now problem. But I can't stream it to the other pc. With an .avi file its now problem. With the network there is now problem, everthing else is working normal. Only with the data from the card it can't stream:S Could be that a problem that my card is analog and not digital ?

@PhunkY The page with the online Tv looked very nice. Is the webtv streamed with windows media serice ? Or is It possible to make a page with inculde vlc ? I want to make something in the same direction. I have set up an Windows Server 2003. :D
No risk, no fun

Micht

Postby Micht » 17 Mar 2005 18:45

I made a small "How to stream" on my Homepage in german. You will find this at mySite Hope this helps

PhunkY
:( Have done exactly the same as written in your website and no more luck :(

The sending still not work.

Any other idea?

PhunkY
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby PhunkY » 21 Mar 2005 11:14

The page with the online Tv looked very nice. Is the webtv streamed with windows media serice ? Or is It possible to make a page with inculde vlc ? I want to make something in the same direction. I have set up an Windows Server 2003.
The sender is the vlc.
You can also use the vlc plugin for mozilla to receive the stream. Unfortuneatly I was not able to install the VLC-pluginIn to my IE6. And I think with the WM-Player, this site can be used on more hosts because of the spread of WinXP. But I made some links on my webTV site to use also the VLC-plugin.
I have to say, the basic "engine" comes from scoutice- also user of this board. He wrote the remotesoftware and I adapted this to my efforts.
If you want to stream via internet, I suggest to use mms-stream, because I was not able to use UDP-Multicast adresses.
I think you can use any kind of server, but you need php. If you want to try out you can download the basic software from http://thomas.familie-hofer.net
One hint before. The TV-channels you are using on your cable net are not the same as the vlc is using. In other words channel 10 on your TV-card is not channel 10 on vlc. You have to try out, the whole frequency range to got all receivable channels. If you need some support, do not hesitate to contact me. You can use PM or use the "Kontakt" button on my homepage.
In future I think, I will also describe the webTV on my site.
Garhu could you give me some hints, how does your WinTV-PVR was able to work with vlc. I got a request from another user. He wasn´t able to use this card working with vlc. His systems crashes alltimes when using vlc with this TV-card

@Micht
Try to duplicate the stream to watch local. If this works you can be sure your hardware is working well. Please post some more settings regarding the stream-parameters.

red

Postby red » 23 Mar 2005 23:00

Hi,

I have the same problem (TV streaming doesnt work)

In Chapter 9 (Stream a DVB channel (satellite or digital terrestial TV)) of VLC Streaming-Howto is a "Note"
Note
This is possible under GNU/Linux only.
but it seems that there are ppl where it works fine with windows

What are the reasons for working in some cases?
Is there a gernal solution for windows users?

PhunkY
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby PhunkY » 03 Apr 2005 22:38

Regarding the http://videolan.org/vlc/features.html feature site, there is currently no DVB support for any OS except for Linux.

From another user I got also the confirmation, he wasn´t able to stream DVB with OS WinXP.

But I think for future versions of vlc, this feature will be implemented.

PhunkY

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”