Command Line for Streaming RTP? (UPDATE)

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
TuxBobble
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Command Line for Streaming RTP? (UPDATE)

Postby TuxBobble » 20 May 2010 19:14

I'm trying to figure out the exact command required to stream a/v out via RTP, using transcoding. I am really confused about the documentation, or something, because everytime I try:

Code: Select all

vlc.exe screen:// ":screen-fps=30.000000:screen-caching=300 :sout '#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=800,fps=30,width=854,height=480,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{dst=239.255.10.10,port=5004,mux=ts}:no-sout-rtp-sap:no-sout-standard-sap:sout-keep'"
the server captures itself...and displays it locally. There is no network (RTP) stream coming out of the computer, and the video feed is in an "infinite loop" watching itself. (VLC inside VLC inside VLC inside VLC etc.)

I'm probably doing something wrong. But I have no idea what, at this point. From my understanding:

screen:// is the input_stream, with options :screen-fps and :screen-caching. This is copied directly from the GUI window, which I can make work fine.
:sout should include transcode, and rtp, because it needs to be transcoded before streaming. I honestly don't really understand no-sout-rtp-sap and no-sout-standard-sap, but they are copied, again, from the GUI directly, so I don't see why they should be an issue. Finally, sout-keep, I think I understand, but it should be irrelevant if I'm correct in my understanding.

I just want an OUTGOING RTP stream, and NO AUDIO/VIDEO LOCALLY. I can do that via the GUI, but I can't seem to do it from the command line...

UPDATE:

The following seems to "work", in the sense that it STARTS the intended behavior. HOWEVER, it seems that VLC hangs as soon as that occurs. So I'm a bit stumped as to how to resolve the issue. Here is the command:

Code: Select all

vlc.exe "screen:// :screen-fps=30.000000 :screen-caching=300" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,fps=30,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{dst=239.255.10.10,port=5004,mux=ts} :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap :sout-keep

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”