Videolan compatible hardware?

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
LegoManiac

Videolan compatible hardware?

Postby LegoManiac » 09 Aug 2004 01:31

I'd like to set up a whole-house audio/video system, and since I have ethernet to most rooms already, videolan seems a good fit. Rather than dedicate a full computer "set top boxes" seem like a good fit.

What VideoLan compatible hardware exists (in the form of set-top boxes or similar dedicated device) that the average consumer (in the US in my case) can purchase? Prices?

Options I've run across so far:
(Amino) AminoiNet1xx : AMT is N. American distributors, seems to be OEMs only.
(Vbrick) VB-4/5/6000 : price?
(VIA) Mini-ITX computer: Very small form factor PC as an alternative?

Please add any hardware you've tried or use, including approx price and retail availability

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 10 Aug 2004 12:51

Try searching for the individual names (Amino, vbrick,...) and you should find good information.

LegoManiac

Postby LegoManiac » 10 Aug 2004 22:50

I know how to look up information on the companies I mentioned. What I am asking for is other names of products/companies that make devices that can be used with VideoLan.

For example, does SnapStream, Linksys, D-Link, or any of those little "Networked Media Reciever" devices work with Videolan? Are there any "embedded Linux" devices that may work with VideoLan? etc.

vsipat
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Linux / Windows

STB interoperability

Postby vsipat » 10 Nov 2004 05:27

In addition to the decoders you have already mentioned there are:

the Stino Sbox from AllWell Technologies, (which is the exact same hardware reference platform as Vbrick, available from http://www.gctglobal.com/)

Amino's are also available through Visionary Solutions, Inc http://www.vsicam.com

There is also a wide variety of live encoders available from Vbrick, Axis, VCS, Visionary Solutions, and lots of other companies... not sure if you are looking for both encoders and decoders...

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”