1 video input, 2 audio inputs to two different streams

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
mincua
New Cone
New Cone

1 video input, 2 audio inputs to two different streams

Postby mincua » 23 Sep 2008 16:38

Hi all,
I have a problem, I need to create a streaming server that takes one video input from the capture card and creates 2 MMS streams with 2 different audio sources( 2 languages ), so I need to use the /dev/video device to create 2 different streams with it.
How can I do this with VLC?
I was thinking in running one VLC that takes the video from the local video device and creates a local stream with it, then create 2 other processes that connect to the first one and get the video stream and use the 2 different audio inputs.
Dose VLC have any other option?
If this is my only option then what do you think the best way to run the local streaming VLC would be(I mean the lowest delay and lowest CPU usage)?

Thanks.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: 1 video input, 2 audio inputs to two different streams

Postby dionoea » 23 Sep 2008 16:44

You can try something in VLM with the bridge-in/bridge-out modules to share the video track with the 2 audio streams. Check http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic for example bridge-in/out usage. (You don't need the mosaic stuff)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

mincua
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mincua » 23 Sep 2008 17:09

You can try something in VLM with the bridge-in/bridge-out modules to share the video track with the 2 audio streams. Check http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic for example bridge-in/out usage. (You don't need the mosaic stuff)
Thanks dionoea,
It VLM looks very nice, but my question is can I broadcast this as 2 different network streams?
I need something like MMS stream with english sound on port 1234 and MMS stream with french sound on port 2345.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 23 Sep 2008 17:13

Just configure 2 different streams in VLM (well 3 since you need the video source too).
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”