About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
fortdf
New Cone
New Cone

How can I set the video bit rate in a TS transcode mode

Postby fortdf » 31 Aug 2007 22:07

Hello people,
I make this simple best i can ! :D
I'm trying to transcode a mpg 2 Elementary Stream file with Audio layer II in to a mpg 2 transport-stream file with audio Ac3/a52... with a spécific PID using VLc ....work fine for the PID and A52 audio except one thing !!!

My problem is when I transcode my video Elementary Stream in transport-stream the video Elementary change his bit rate
My mpg 2 Elementary Stream file is encoded at 3.0Mbs constant bit rate and the audio is a pcm at 48kHz I need to chanche that in to a Transport-stream contant bite rate at 3.75 Mbs....3.0Mbs for the vidéo with Ac3 or A/52 audio at 192 Khz in one file.

I show you the resulte I get when I transcode with VLC

File:export-test.mpeg
Type: MPEG-2 Transport Stream
File Size: 59441276 bytes
Transport Packet Size: 188 bytes
Duration: 1 min 59 sec
Transport Rate: 3988428 bps

program_number: 1
PMT PID: 0x0020
PCR PID: 0x0010
Program Descriptors: none
Number of PMT Entries: 2

Dolby AC-3 Audio Elementary Stream
PID: 0x0011
stream_type: 0x81, Dolby AC-3 Audio
Descriptors:
05 04 41 43 2D 33
stream_id: 0xBD, Private stream 1
Bit Rate: 192000 bps
Sample Rate: 48000 sps

MPEG-2 Video Elementary Stream
PID: 0x0010
stream_type: 0x02, MPEG-2 Video
Descriptors: none
stream_id: 0xE0, MPEG Video
Rate: 104857200 bps..................................I need to be at 3.0 Mbs constant bit rate for the video...How can I set parameter for this.....
Profile: Main
Level: Main
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3

I'm shure I'm doing something wrong but I could not see it :oops: .... any help will be good !!!!!
Best Reagards !

(sorry for my english it is not my first language)

just-do-it
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
Operating System: 'does/Linux

Re: How can I set the video bit rate in a TS transcode mode

Postby just-do-it » 01 Sep 2007 19:17

I hate people (me not you!) that start by saying "why do you want to do that?" but 3Mb seems high - are you streaming HD or something...
I am streaming over the web at a low 360Kbps and that is bad.
bad picture, not reliable etc. etc. but behind my firewall, around my house, I am streaming live TV at 1024x780 pixels, 1.3mbps and that has been ok all day...
Anyway have you set the parameters in vlc; file; open network stream; (Advanced options) Stream/Save; settings... where you can set the video bitrate; audio bit rate; codec etc. etc and then see the results in vlc; view; Stream and Media Info
Chris
Ahh Go on; Go on

fortdf
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fortdf » 02 Sep 2007 21:08

Thanks Chris,
It is ok to ask why 3Mbs.... some time more info we give... more answer we get ! :P
it's because I'm not Streaming over web or Ethernet network.... I'm using VLC just to change PID and get A/52 audio in the TS file.. save on a video server hard drive ....I do a broadcast from a local TV channel over a TV cable network
I will try thatthe info your give me first thing in Monday and let you know !
Thanks !!
Frank

hihi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hihi » 03 Sep 2007 23:03

Hi Frank,
Are you broadcasting DVB-C? If you do so, do you use the --sout-ts-sdtdesc ? I want to stream in DVB-C but I cant name my service I'm streaming ...
BTW did it work on 3 Meg for an HD?

fortdf
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fortdf » 04 Sep 2007 02:35

I'm sorry! I don't know what is a DVB-C.....BTW ???
Well for my broadcast I'm using a normal server with a ASI card to play my *.mpeg clip on a numeric channel on cable network in Standard Deff...
Why I'm using a VLC is just to set PID and get AC3 audio in to my *.mpeg file so the file can be broadcast to the channel...
The way I use it is to transcode/save to a file mode....I'm not using VLC to do the broadcast well I never try....

I'm not cmpletely shure what you whant to know !!

Frank

hihi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hihi » 04 Sep 2007 23:05

Hi Frank,
Digital Video Broadcast over Cable, :shock:
So you are using ASI out and you are playing MPEG not DVB? I was also able to set the PID's correct, but on DVB you can use oNID to identify the network and SDT to name the service you'r streaming. Those two thins I'm unable to set in VLC and I cant see why ... could't find info about it.
But as you are streaming MPEG you dont need this ONID and SDT ...
By The Way ... 8)

fortdf
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fortdf » 05 Sep 2007 19:55

Ok now it more clear for me hihi
I'm sorry my english short cut language is not up and running perfect! hahaha!!!! :P
to answer your Question ....Are you broadcasting DVB-C?

Yes I'm playing MPEG file whith the ASI cardand the out-put is a DVB like you said... and it Sandard deff.
but I'm not using VLC to broadcast.... I'm using the program call streambed from DVEO...(not free)....
HD in 3Meg.... well it is for my point of view a slightly tight because you can get peak so you will start to see macro bloc in your video
I know a TV station there broadcast at 18Mbs so it is a big gap from 3Mbs to 18Mgs....
Now for the question about he codec I use in the VLC well I pic the Default one I'm at the first stage of my test but for now it not working for me....

I hope that help but I gest I'm stock at the same place as you hihi...
Frank

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”