Powershell to assign audio device outputs after playlist start

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
KUVOguy
New Cone
New Cone

Powershell to assign audio device outputs after playlist start

Postby KUVOguy » 28 Feb 2024 23:18

Hello,

New to forum, thank you all for your contributions and sharing your experiences and collective knowledge.

I am trying to auto-launch eight VLC playlists of network icecast audio streams for monitoring multiple return feeds of different stream sources that are being broadcast. Phase 1 was successful, I was able to figure out the powershell commands to launch the eight playlists and for them to auto-connect and begin playing. The problem I am having is figuring out how to re-assign the audio device outputs to specific WDM outputs of a multi-channel AoIP driver, or virtual audio interface.

My goal is to auto-start these eight streams at bootup on a Windows PC and have their audio map to the correct AoIP channels and have it be repeatable.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it can't be done or maybe there is a better approach.

Thank you.

KUVOguy
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Powershell to assign audio device outputs after playlist start

Postby KUVOguy » 29 Feb 2024 21:37

I gave up my attempts, as I was getting too far into the weeds. I found a low-cost software for multi-room audio playout that works great. Easily setup 8 players for my 8 Icecast streams to all play through 8 separate WDM assigned outputs via an AoIP driver. Once everything is setup the entire workspace can be saved as a profile and easily configures to load and auto-start with Windows Startup or Log In. Problem solved.

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”