Xbox One VLC app: use external subtitle file help

​VLC for Windows Store​ specific questions

This includes WinRT, Windows RT, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile and Xbox 1
EncryptedEggs
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Xbox One VLC app: use external subtitle file help

Postby EncryptedEggs » 12 Jun 2019 00:08

I have an 8TB HDD with MKV shows and movies on it network shared plugged into my router. I'm able to use the Xbox One VLC app to watch MKVs on that drive. However, I also have some subtitle files on that drive and I want to use them in a show. When I select "add subtitle" in the VLC app, the file dialog that shows only looks at the Xbox's HDD, not the 8TB where the videos and subtitle files are. How can I navigate to the external drive for subtitles? Thanks.

Subtitles are .ass file extension.

raycanales
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Xbox One VLC app: use external subtitle file help

Postby raycanales » 29 Jul 2019 02:37

I am having the same issue I can not read any external subtitle files it only sees the local HD not NAS where it is getting the movie file from and also when i push the download subtitle nothing happens have you had any luck with your issue?

mfkl
Developer
Developer

Postby mfkl » 29 Jul 2019 04:54

Probably a bug. Have you tried putting the next sub file next to the video file, with the same name?
https://mfkl.github.io

Xbox_vlc
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Xbox_vlc » 17 Sep 2020 16:52

Same issue here. Both my .mkv's and .srt's are located in 1 folder/movie. But VLC on Xbox One S does not detect it. When you go to the subtitle menu, you can search for subtitles ( via what service ? where are those settings , what's the point ? ), or you can choose to locate the file yourself. But it's not possible to search the same DLNA folder where it's playing the movie from, instead you can only browse the local storage from the Xbox... pretty annoying. VLC is playing my movies over wifi 5 without stuttering ( opposed to PLEX for example who is stuttering like hell despite the +650Mbit bandwidth on my local wifi ). VLC does the job perfectly fine, but it can't display subtitles.

GRRRrrr :)

Return to “​VLC for Windows Store​”