Don't treat album as playlist or track repeat?

​VLC for Windows Store​ specific questions

This includes WinRT, Windows RT, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile and Xbox 1
KingMadness
New Cone
New Cone

Don't treat album as playlist or track repeat?

Postby KingMadness » 12 Jan 2017 09:35

Something that really irks me is that apparently when I choose a track from the "music" tab it automatically creates a playlist with all the other related songs in it. Now, if I want to have only one song on repeat I have to go through the "browse" tab and search and play the track from there. Is there any way to have the program not automatically create a playlist when playing music from the "music" tab or is there a repeat one function that I haven't discovered yet?

I'm using the VLC Player app on my Windows 10 computer. I know I could use the desktop version but I prefer to use the app for aesthetic reasons.

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Don't treat album as playlist or track repeat?

Postby kodela » 12 Jan 2017 09:59

The VLC does not automatically create a playlist when you open the folder with your music. But you can drag a piece from your music folder by drag & drop into the playlist (in the upper left under "My Music").

KingMadness
New Cone
New Cone

Postby KingMadness » 12 Jan 2017 10:50

No, it pretty much does. When I choose a song to play in the "music" tab (say, in album view) it doesn't play that single song, it plays the entire album. The only way to have a single song play is, as far as I know, to not play it from the "music" tab, but the "browse" tab. I just want to find a way to have single songs play on loop since there doesn't seem to be a repeat song feature.
And again, for emphasis, I'm using the VLC app from the Windows Store on my Windows 10 computer.

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby kodela » 13 Jan 2017 01:31

And again, for emphasis, I'm using the VLC app from the Windows Store on my Windows 10 computer.
Sorry, this circumstance I haven't considered.

KingMadness
New Cone
New Cone

Postby KingMadness » 13 Jan 2017 01:58

Sorry, this circumstance I haven't considered.
It's fine, I figured something out. ^-^
Apparently you can select "Play Track" by right-clicking the specific track you want to play. And if you do that it doesn't consider the other songs on the album and thus only repeats that one song. Still though, I'd like a repeat song feature regardless since always having to right-click and choose "play track" when I want to have a single song on repeat.

Return to “​VLC for Windows Store​”