VLC not showing controls once video is playing.

​VLC for Windows Store​ specific questions

This includes WinRT, Windows RT, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile and Xbox 1
ljacarpena
New Cone
New Cone

VLC not showing controls once video is playing.

Postby ljacarpena » 25 Sep 2015 17:13

Hey,

So I just downloaded VLC for windows phone on my 930. Been using this player since I found out about it on my PC. And it is indeed really pretty on the windows phone. Expected great things from it.

So anyway, i loaded up one of my locally saved movies and everything went smoothly until I loaded the subtitles, which had the expected effect of pausing the video. But now I cant seem to get it to continue playing. Tapping like a demented woodpecker on the screen doesnt seem to bring up the UI except for the usual volume and FF/RW effects. I closed the app, restarted the phone and ran VLC again. Movie started playing with subtitles running. Then I got a notification of a text, switched apps, did my thing, came back to VLC with the paused movie. More demented tapping all over the screen trying to bring up the UI, nothing worked. So I decided to post here looking for help. Lol

Any explanation on what I'm doing wrong or how to play the movie after it has been paused would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

lj

Goner
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: WindowsLinuxAndroid

Re: VLC not showing controls once video is playing.

Postby Goner » 28 Sep 2015 11:16

Which version are you using ?
I was using 1.3.3.7 (I think) which had problems loading .srt files. But I just checked and my VLC is now on 1.7.0.0 (see settings) and plays the subtitle files automatically !!!
Just out of curiosity tried to manually load subtitles and that now also works. No problems with controls ...

Return to “​VLC for Windows Store​”