VLC 2.4.1 for iOS

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
VLC929
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 2.4.1 for iOS

Postby VLC929 » 17 Feb 2015 12:04

Problems:

1. Except when starting a playback and for just a few seconds, the toolbar is not shown, and no tapping anywhere on the screen will bring it back. As a consequence, player can't be paused or stopped and/or app to be stopped.

2. The folder system is very useful, in-spite that it has only 1-level nesting. However, I cannot find how to arrange the folder icons in alphabetical or in any other order.

With many thanks ddvice is requested for the above...

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: VLC 2.4.1 for iOS

Postby fkuehne » 17 Feb 2015 14:10

1) Did you try re-installing the app?
2) This is the expected behavior. On the top level, folders are sorted alphabetically while items within a folder can be re-orded in the "Edit" mode through drag & drop.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

VLC929
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VLC929 » 17 Feb 2015 17:00

Thanks for your reply.

1. I am not sure how can I re-install the app without losing all the videos already installed in the various folders/subfolders.

2. At the top level the folders are NOT sorted alphabetically, and cannot be re-arranged by dragging. At sub-level you are correct, I could drag the files within the folder.

Thanks for your help!

ps. is there a manual for the latest app version?

cchen23
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cchen23 » 18 Feb 2015 01:08

Here's the documentation for the app, but I'm not sure that it answers your question. In my version, I can't drag files at any level.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:IOS/

VLC929
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VLC929 » 18 Feb 2015 09:38

Unfortunately, the manual doesn't address the issue at hand... In fact, none of the "gestures" described is working for me, and after the control bar disappears from the screen no tapping or gestures brings it back. I suspect that the latest 2.4.1 version is still "half-baked" as on my iOS 8.1.3 iPadAir2 is still not working as it should. On the +ve side though it can play back MTS files as well that native iOS does not.

I could do file dragging on level-2 only; you must hold onto the tile (don't tap, just hold) for a second or two until the tile ellrges, then you can drag the tile into a different position on the screen.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”