VLC 2.2.2 iOS No video in some AVI/XviD files

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
YanHD
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 2.2.2 iOS No video in some AVI/XviD files

Postby YanHD » 07 Feb 2014 11:24

Good morning, and thank you again for this night release.
The audio is fixed :-)

I still encounter a bug with some avi files encoded in XviD where I do get the audio but no video (just a black screen).

The problem seems to occur with the AVI files using XviD codec when the video resolution is 624x352 or 634x352.
Videos using the same codec but with a different resolution work fine.

Hope this helps and thanks again for your response.
Yan

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: VLC 2.2.2 iOS No video in some AVI/XviD files

Postby fkuehne » 07 Feb 2014 12:24

Please share a sample with us http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ and give the file name here :)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

YanHD
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 2.2.2 iOS No video in some AVI/XviD files

Postby YanHD » 07 Feb 2014 19:22

Good evening,

in the process of cutting the video to upload only 10 seconds of it (would be too big to upload otherwise), something strange happened...
I am using VirtualDub 1.9.6 to "cut" the avi file with the option to copy directly the video stream.
The 10 seconds video DOES work on VLC on the iPhone (though the full lenth movie does not).

As far as I can tell, the only difference created by VirtualDub in the process is that in the original video file, it complains that "the audio stream has a beginning position that is not zero of 1334 samples (+83ms). For now VirtualDub does not take into account a starting position that is not zero and the stream will be interpreted as it it started at zero".
I have checked the other AVI files which video stream do not play on VLC on the iPhone and I get the same message from VirtualDub.

Maybe there's something there?
I do not know any other program that would allow me to "cut" 10 or 15 seconds out of the movie without re-encoding it, but if you have any suggestion, I would gladly try them to provide you with a meaningfull, yet small enough video sample if it helps.

Kind regards,
Yan

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”